Outlook/hotmail/live just deletes my website's email

yes, im using zoho to receive email so it doesnt take up space on my own VPS where space is costly.
can i add mx record to my own domain while continuing to receive mail in zoho?
You need to SEND & RECEIVE the email from the same source as your MX record basically. That's one of the things that is killing you. You need to configure your MTA to relay the mail through whatever provider you use so you can utilize their signing of it. I'm going to assume you are using an account there that hosts your actual domain mail.
Email is not something that is real simple to set up and configure if you are not familiar with it. It's one of the things that gave me the biggest headaches to learn.

You need to SEND & RECEIVE the email from the same source as your MX record basically. That's one of the things that is killing you. You need to configure your MTA to relay the mail through whatever provider you use so you can utilize their signing of it. I'm going to assume you are using an account there that hosts your actual domain mail.
Email is not something that is real simple to set up and configure if you are not familiar with it. It's one of the things that gave me the biggest headaches to learn.
Everything is now verified and working. The confiration emails themselfs are flagged for some reason.
A test email gets a 10/10 score.
Check my last reply.

Hmm, I only get 2.9 out of 10.

It says my DKIM signature is not valid and that I don't have an SPF record, although I just checked and I do.

I have a VPS with multiple sites on it, lots of them have SSL though, so a different IP for each site.

That Web-Mail check says to add this record, which uses the main VPS IP:

Code:
v=spf1 a mx ip4:xxx.xx.xx.6 ~all

I checked the site in question and I already have this:

Code:
IN
TXT
v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:xxx.xx.xx.6 ~all

Which looks essentially the same as what they suggest, but with the extra + signs.

All the other records for that site use the new IP though which is xxx.xx.xx.250

Should I remove the + signs?
Is the IP address correct?

It also says

Code:
We were not able to retrieve your public key.
Please ensure that you inserted your DKIM TXT DNS record on your domain website.com using the selector default.

Yes, remove the + signs. Also, do you have quotes around the contents of your TXT record. Depending on how things are setup, it might be required.

"v=spf1 a mx ip4:xxx.xx.xx.6 ~all"

Thanks, I'll get red of the + signs.

There was note quotes, I'll try adding the quote signs, will test again later to give it time to propagate.

you can include google webmaster to in this image statement

bulltweet.png

So it turns out the DNS settings in my hosts control panel was overriding my WHM/cPanel settings, so my changes weren't taking effect.

I've since managed to get SPF, DKIM and DMARK setup and achieve 10/10 from Mail-Tester.com, however there's still one negative report:

upload_2016-10-20_16-9-41.webp

Yet further down it says my DKIM signature is valid.

upload_2016-10-20_16-11-7.webp

Is there something else I need to do to have the signature validated?

It's only 1024bits instead of 2048 due to my hosts DNS restrictions, if that matters.

I also asked my host to configure RDNS. The host for this is some random server host name combined with a domain of my host. This was defined when I created an account with them. It has no website attached to it. Is it okay?

For example the main server IP RDNS resolves to: randomword-net.nh-serv.co.uk

Do you not see an entry right below that? Mine is:
Code:
-0.1 DKIM_SIGNED Message has a DKIM or DK signature, not necessarily valid
This negative score will become positive if the signature is validated. See immediately below.
0.1 DKIM_VALID Message has at least one valid DKIM or DK signature
Great! Your signature is valid

Top Bottom