XF 1.4 outdated templates issues

Ian S

ive just bought a new skin and ive added some of the previous templates by copy and pasting in google chrome

i now have a problem as it tell me to do by hand is there a easy way to get round this, surely the code doesnt change in the template does it??? how does xf know wheres it come from?? surely i dont have to write the whole template out from scratch

any help appreciated

It's not really clear what it is you're doing but template merging is not designed to be used with importing an old style. It is designed to be used with upgrades.

If you have installed a third party style, make a child version of it and make your customisations in that.

It was a template we edited off our framework, but not really sure why it was showing as outdated out of no where. When I installed your style it was fine, one thing that may lead to this is editing the "Master Style" which you want to avoid doing.

im putting the templates from xf 1.30 back on russ template to work the home page etc russ skin is fine except the old templates i need work but bring up the error, i cant thank russ enough for the service and expertise he offers at a very reasonable rate too, so i need to get these templates on, can i do a child of a child thx

is there a guide i can use to manually update templates ive changed the version number in notepad++ but there still there ive updated to 1.5.1 now

Copy your custom template contents to a text file.

Revert the template.

Add your customisations back to the template, referring to the text file.

Top Bottom