Fixed Outdated default trophies titles/descriptions

Andro

Affected version
Hi,

XenForo trophy system has still references to old Like system.

Example:
Your messages have been liked 25 times.

Shouldn't it say as this now:
Your messages have been reacted 25 times.

These phrases have already been updated for new installs, but the changes were not included when upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1.

I don't think we should change this retroactively. Any new upgrades to 2.1 will include the changes. If you have already upgraded you would need to update the phrase values yourself:

Code:
(0, 'trophy_description.5', 'Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!'),
(0, 'trophy_description.6', 'Your messages have been positively reacted to 25 times.'),
(0, 'trophy_description.7', 'Content you have posted has attracted a positive reaction score of 100.'),
(0, 'trophy_description.8', 'Your content has been positively reacted to 250 times.'),
(0, 'trophy_description.9', 'Content you have posted has attracted 500 positive reactions.')

This is the full query:
SQL:
REPLACE INTO xf_phrase
   (language_id, title, phrase_text)
VALUES
   (0, 'trophy_description.5', 'Somebody out there reacted positively to one of your messages. Keep posting like that for more!'),
   (0, 'trophy_description.6', 'Your messages have been positively reacted to 25 times.'),
   (0, 'trophy_description.7', 'Content you have posted has attracted a positive reaction score of 100.'),
   (0, 'trophy_description.8', 'Your content has been positively reacted to 250 times.'),
   (0, 'trophy_description.9', 'Content you have posted has attracted 500 positive reactions.')
But afterwards you'd need to go to install and "Rebuild master data".

My original post, however, was suggesting that you update the text manually in the UI or in the phrase system.

Thanks Chris. I would go with the sql way.

Rebuild master data will change anything other than this - such as default options values back to default? If that is going to happen then things will be scary. I am yet to understand what exactly Master data rebuild does exactly.

It doesn't affect anything as long as you haven't routinely edited anything in the master language or master style or edited certain things with development mode enabled.

A master data rebuild actually happens every time you upgrade the software so as long as you don't lose anything every time you do that (which you shouldn't) then it is safe to run.

Though if you are concerned, my original advice still stands: edit them manually in the Admin CP.

Thank you for reporting this issue. It has now been resolved and we are aiming to include it in a future XF release (2.1.3).

Change log:
For new upgrades from XF 2.0 to 2.1, ensure the trophy phrases are updated to reflect the new reactions system.
Any changes made as a result of this issue being resolved may not be rolled out here until later.

A master data rebuild actually happens every time you upgrade the software so as long as you don't lose anything every time you do that (which you shouldn't) then it is safe to run.
This was enough confirmation to me to process it through the sql way. All went safely, thanks once again Chris.

Top Bottom