XF 2.2 Organizing custom thread fields into columns

Dragonfruit

Hi,
Is it possible to organize custom thread fields into columns? I haven't been able to figure how to:
VcOKTdT.png

The two test fields are a great example, the name & options are short, and it would look better if they can be on the same row.

I'm sure it's as simple as a template edit...but the issue you will run into is that edit could affect longer fields also... and it could get rather sloppy looking. This would probably have to be addressed by an add-on or core code changes.
It's the same way on the dsiplay of a thread... you could make it look cleaner if you could put some into multiple columns, and give a divider of some type between them.

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 12.50.53 AM.webp

If both fields are always one after the other you can play with Wrapper Display Templates.

Important: You need always set both values to required, and always use both one after another directly, otherwise it will break the complete page, so be careful! You can't use only one of them in another forum!

The first (left) one:
HTML:
<div style="columns: 2;">
    <div>
        {$title}: {$value}
    </div>

The second (right) one:
HTML:
    <div>
        {$title}: {$value}
    </div>
</div>

The result:
1664616788307.webp

If both fields are always one after the other you can play with Wrapper Display Templates.

Important: You need always set both values to required, and always use both one after another directly, otherwise it will break the complete page, so be careful! You can't use only one of them in another forum!

For me, the "required" part is an issue..... I don't mind if the users put the data in the post itself (most do) but having the ability to show them in 2/3 column format for any entry would be nice.

Top Bottom