Order of how posts/responses appear

istt

Currently, it is set up so that the oldest post is closest to the original post. Is it easy to reverse that so that the new post appears at the top closest to the original post?

Of course. I understand this. What I am asking is can the response order be reversed, so that all new responses are closest to the original post. The way it is now is original post followed by the first post, 2nd, 3rd, etc. Instead, can it be original post, 3rd, 2nd, 1st?

I don’t understand how it would make sense to have posts that aren’t ordered sequentially by date.

This would really be confusing unless there is some way to make the OP somehow look different. I think i’ve Seen an add on that will put the OP at the top of every page though.

This is what I was thinking of, not exactly the same thing but maybe would do if it allows sorting ascending within the thread (which may be another addon)

Looks like that may be possible:

1518763032819-png.168984

Last edited:
You can do a reverse order for any forum. So from newest to oldest. What you would also need is to sticky the first post (the oldest post) at top. I believe the suggestion of @Mr Lucky is what you would need in addition to the default options. Better ask in that addon thread if it is possible what you want to do.

This might do what he wants to do combined with the addon from above.

Maybe better ask @Xon

i can not understand why this simple option ( i remember i was using this on smf as a standart option like 10 years ago) is not implemented on the XenForo system and we have to buy a plugin for this.... it realy make no sence.

i can not understand why this simple option ( i remember i was using this on smf as a standart option like 10 years ago) is not implemented on the XenForo system and we have to buy a plugin for this.... it realy make no sence.
Has a suggestion been made in the Suggestions forum? How many have voted for it? That's how they determine if there is interest. If it has not been made as a suggestion or not received much support, that would explain why it has not been done.

as long there is paid module for that i bet its ok ! wrong ???

Having a sour grapes attitude certainly won't win people over.

If you want changes to the product, you do it the way Xenforo has asked it be handle for many years: make a feature suggestion thread and if it receives enough upvotes they'll strongly consider it.

How long SMF had had something is irrelevant as to whether or not it's useful (or wanted) to the site owners here.

Top Bottom