1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Issue Orange Email webmail issue

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by trilogy33, Mar 6, 2011.

1. trilogy33

trilogy33 Well-Known Member

Please take a look at this reported issue on my board.

To test this out, I signed up for Orange Email and collected a test email sent from the site.
    Whilst viewing the email itself, the links to just about every button do change like my OP says.

Bug present in Chrome 9.0.597.107 - just about every button is affected.
    Also present in FireFox 3.6.15 although not as widespread, only a few of the screen buttons within the email (IMAP?) screen are changing to "mydomain/#"

Screenshots below:

Before the email message is clicked on. Everything is normal at this stage...

Now, when the email message is opened, the screen links change to domain/#

Any ideas? Other than "© Orange 2006" as you can see at the base of the screen.
    Seems a bit old to me?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure how this can be considered a XenForo bug when it is related to Orange webmail.

I wouldn't have thought that XenForo emails are so malformed they are affecting email clients or there would have been other reports by now.
  3. trilogy33

Thanks Brogan, that's what I was wondering. I haven't seen that before and upon searching for any issues on here, none came up at all.
    Maybe not a bug then per se, possible client side (in this case: Orange) incompatibility?
    I just couldn't get my head around why or even how links in an email would affect the surrounding environment/client.
    Whichever way it is, it's likely to be a spot-issue going forwards for certain/maybe/some IMAP email clients?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I can't say for sure it isn't a bug, but I'm leaning towards the issue being at Orange's end.
    There could be a workaround/fix which could be done within XenForo to mitigate it.

No doubt Mike or Kier will clarify shortly.
    trilogy33 likes this.
  5. trilogy33

Brill, thanks Paul. :)
    I wondered if there was a quick bit of code I could supplement at this end to circumnavigate.
    Rare, no doubt. But I'm glad that it's been bought to my attention.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Our emails actually have a <base> tag in them - looks like a fairly common thing. That webmail client can't handle it - that's a bug on their side (and actually a borderline security issue).
    Brogan likes this.
  7. trilogy33

Hey Mike, thanks for investigating. :)