XF 1.5 Options reset after page reload

AuriaMC

I have closed my previous forum and today trying to open a new one on a different hosting. Now, any quick selection option (eg, language, add-on enable/disable function, screenshot) get reset after a page reloads and do not work. As well as I had to press a lot of buttons when installing like "Rebuild" many times... They did work though on my previous hosting and the previous website and I did not see as many buttons on there as well.

I would recommend switching hosts if you are experiencing problems of that nature on a new installation.
First off, it's the same hosting company, but I just switched from VPS to a shared web hosting. Second, I'm not just going to switch hostings like that, I'm not made out of money and maybe you should help me troubleshoot but not aim for the target without knowing where the target is. And last, it's a different Xenforo version (I don't remember the one I had before, but it's definitely the older one) and maybe it's the reason?

Well, unless your hosting provider has a REALLY excellent shared hosting plan, odds are you went into a more resource restrictive environment.

And when you say
And last, it's a different Xenforo version (I don't remember the one I had before, but it's definitely the older one) and maybe it's the reason?
is there a reason you are running an older version?
Is this a transfer from your VPS to your shared hosting? Were you using any caching on the VPS that may not be available on the shared hosting environment or was this a clean install (I'm thinking it is from reading your OP)?

Well, unless your hosting provider has a REALLY excellent shared hosting plan, odds are you went into a more resource restrictive environment.

And when you say

is there a reason you are running an older version?
Is this a transfer from your VPS to your shared hosting? Were you using any caching on the VPS that may not be available on the shared hosting environment or was this a clean install (I'm thinking it is from reading your OP)?
I meant that I was on an older version before, but now I'm on the newest one.

Top Bottom