Lack of interest Option to Import Profile Pictures as Avatars when User Has No Avatar

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Mr_Bob

For the longest time, I only allowed my members to choose from a pre-defined set of avatars, but they were always allowed to upload a "profile picture" in VB. After running a test import, I find that there's a huge number of members without an avatar simply because they never changed their avatars from one of the default when I started to allow custom avatars.

The suggestion: At least with the VB importer, add an option to import a member's profile picture as their avatar in the event no custom avatar is found for them. It may add a bit more DB impact on the import (I'm not an expert on that), but the idea just came to mind as being really awesome :D. Of course, this would only apply to members who do not have a custom avatar assigned, which in the case of a profile picture and a custom avatar the custom avatar would be imported (or maybe an option can be thrown in for the opposing, whatever you guys decide if you decide to implement this).

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom