Not planned Option to disable 2FA globally

RichardKYA

I would like to see an option to enable/disable 2FA globally.

While providing better security for members is great, for some sites it could be problematic for different reasons and whatever the reason maybe, I think it should be the site owners choice and not just the members choice.

I would think many sites owners and their staff will want to familiarise themselves with the new feature before giving their members the option to use it because it allow them to offer better assistance/support to their members when the inevitable influx of "I'm locked out of my account..." panic e-mails come flooding in.

While there are other reasons, I believe this reason alone should be why having this as an enable/disable globally option should be added.

Upvote 45
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Also, if I login as admin, and then log out and log in as myself I have to go through the whole process again! Yikes!
If you have any custom permissions set for your admin or test account check those accounts in ACP/Users/User Permissions.
I had the same problem and even running Analyze Permissions would show 2fa was not on for my admin account that has custom permissions. So I checked and sure enough it was enabled in Users With Custom Permissions. Once I set it to no for my admin account in User Permissions 2fa was off for my admin account.

Thanks all. If I continue to have issues I'll start a thread in the appropriate forum -- I think, maybe, just maybe, I have it corrected but need to do some logging out and in for a bit to test.

Top Bottom