Lack of interest Option for user album

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Would new users really be ready to add media to albums on registration? I think in many cases they wouldn't. Some users may never want to add media to the gallery. All this would lead to is a lot of empty albums sitting in the Gallery which wouldn't look very good.

It is again your needs.
Others, so mine, is different from that.
Thats why i ask for an option. Who don`t need just don`t tick it.

It is again your needs.
Others, so mine, is different from that.
Thats why i ask for an option. Who don`t need just don`t tick it.
It may be your needs but I'm pointing out the issues with your request which are valid. It may also be that your request could be considered as niche (which IMO it is) and if so, this may not be included in the core software and would have to be accomplished with an add-on.

Are you the developer of the gallery?
Don`t think so.

What`s the problem if i have in settings for registration the option to do this?
How will it affect the people who don`t need it if they don`t use it?

Are you the developer of the gallery?
Don`t think so.
No I'm not. However I'm just as entitled to an opinion as you are so don't take that attitude.

What`s the problem if i have in settings for registration the option to do this?
I'm pointing out that you could end up with dozens of empty albums sitting in the Media Gallery fron users who dont don't add anything. This wouldn't make the gallery look very attractive to members seeing all of these empty albums.

If you can't justify why it would be a worthwhile thing to add, it's unlikely to be added. This is doubly true when the benefit isn't obvious; others aren't going to "vote" for the suggestion and we're not going to see why it should be added. It's even more significant when it appears that the full repercussions of a feature haven't been considered.

Every feature has a cost. Aside from the actual development cost, it requires maintenance. It adds complexity and makes the code harder to follow.

This is why you need to "sell" your suggestion as something valuable enough to add to the core. (You can always get someone to custom develop it for your needs.)

I don`t know much about the other forums around here.
But we are a forum that is based on a lot of pictures. Traveling stories, stories about privat life of expats and so on.

In fact without pictures i don`t know if we will still exist.

This is maybe for others different. Thats why i throw it out as an suggestion.

From the point of develop i can`t say anything because i am not a programmer.
I don`t know how much work will this be. But i think the function to create the album still exist.
So from my point of view, maybe i am naive, is to access this function from settings.

English is not my native language so i have some problems to express my thinking properly.

@Martok
Don`t take it too personally what i wrote.
It was only that there is no understanding that others maybe have this need.
And as i wrote, who don`t need it, don`t use it. Like any other option we have in settings.

Top Bottom