Optimized List Queries by Xon

Optimized List Queries by Xon 2.11.0

No permission to download
hmm uploaded this and now I'm getting 500 errors and can't get into admincp

uploaded 2.4 and fine

• ErrorException: Fatal Error: Trait 'SV\StandardLib\Finder\EarlyJoinFinderTrait' not found
  • src/addons/SV/OptimizedListQueries/XF/Finder/Thread.php:12
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Jul 24, 2020 at 6:07 PM

Stack trace​

#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(36) "/threads/please-help-physics.377210/"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

so happy to see this morning so ive already tested this new xfmg support....i am not for sure i can tell a difference tbh, wondering if that means theres another issue or perhaps something else needing setup/config...i left the values at default "1" btw......

for us the issue is with "media-items list" rather than the album one....its a SERIOUS one however...10 second lag or some such on a custom server...

its over 4k pages, and this is before the attachment mirroring happens, at which time that # is going to triple so really want to try to do all we can on this...

It should support the media items list, just be aware the query is only changed after the initial page count in the threshold value.

I can't promise it does wonders, but it may help a little.

It should support the media items list, just be aware the query is only changed after the initial page count in the threshold value.

I can't promise it does wonders, but it may help a little.
hmm, what does that mean exactly?

so if i have it set to 1....and 4k pages are trying to load, im assuming that is being applied.....should i change it to zero or something? not sure i fully understand that config....just trying to be sure we are making the most of whatever it can do...

we have an aggressive cache on this as well btw, so can get a bit tricky to test as after first page load it goes faster anyway...that first load is bad tho, there is no loading indicator etc, im guessing some users wont even make it there as its not really clear that the index is loading...

thank you

New version has been a huge improvement for large Media Galleries. I have a lot of attachments and recently synced ALL my attachments with media gallery 2.2. I'm still doing some syncing but right now have 21,471 pages.

Here's the different in loading that last page with and without the addon:

With: 1.2s
Without: 9.6s (!)

It bounces around. But with can be 1-3seconds to load, while without I've seen 9-12 seconds

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 2.33.33 PM.png

New version has been a huge improvement for large Media Galleries. I have a lot of attachments and recently synced ALL my attachments with media gallery 2.2. I'm still doing some syncing but right now have 21,471 pages.

Here's the different in loading that page with and without the addon:

With: 1.2s
Without: 9.6s (!)

View attachment 239349
hmm i must be doing something wrong....im curious, did you leave the config at the default setting of "1"?
and you notice this on first load of gallery main page?

thank you

hmm i must be doing something wrong....im curious, did you leave the config at the default setting of "1"?

thank you
I left it at 1.

thank you

For page 4000 for me, the difference is smaller:

Screen Shot 2020-11-08 at 3.33.51 PM.webp

Can something be done for members? I have 2 million + members
XF2 doesn't have a member list, so where is this sort of thing happening?

I know there are a bunch of places in the admincp where it assumes the member list isn't stupidly large.

XF2 doesn't have a member list
It does have a member list (\XF\Pub\Controller\Member::actionList), it's just not enabled by default due to its performance issues and I'd say normally there is no reason to enable it as ~ nobody would use it.

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom