Optimized List Queries by Xon

Optimized List Queries by Xon 2.11.0

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Optimized List Queries by Xon - A collection of replacement queries for getting lists of stuff aimed at large forums.

This addon is aimed at large forum with tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands or more threads in a single forum. Smaller forum do not gain much benefit from this add-on.

Forum/conversation lists:

MySQL implements 'early row lookup', when combined with LIMIT & OFFSET with a large offset, results in the large select statement pulling in more data than is required. Maybe one day MySQL will fix this. Maybe.

This causes an issue as this how conversations and threads...

Read more about this resource...

Really glad to see this for XF2 - it made a big difference on our XF1 installation :).

Reactions: Xon
I've just upgraded a large forum and used this on XF1 and XF2 - the XF1 version made a huge difference when viewing page number #2000 of a forum, but the XF2 version only results in a slight improvement. Does the new verion implement improvements in a different way, or is it just XF2 is slower in this regard?

Not complaining about this excellent addon ;), indeed I'm very grateful for it :D. I'm just wondering if there was a reason the XF1 version was so much faster.

You'ld need to compare query time for XF1 vs XF2, to determine if it is changes in SQL query time or php overheads. Hard to tell without comparing.

It does still make a difference, just check the activation thresholds make sense.

Get this when trying to access any node:

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: entity_identifier in src/addons/SV/OptimizedListQueries/XF/Repository/Node.php at line 38

1. XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/SV/OptimizedListQueries/XF/Repository/Node.php at line 38
  2. SV\OptimizedListQueries\XF\Repository\Node->getNodeList() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 235
  3. XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionForum() in src/addons/SV/OptimizedListQueries/XF/Pub/Controller/Forum.php at line 31
  4. SV\OptimizedListQueries\XF\Pub\Controller\Forum->actionForum() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
  5. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
  6. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
  7. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
  8. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2177
  9. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
  10. XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

@imno007 I hit how that section of the code was being extended, should be more reliable now.
I didn't see any of the previous errors, but certain nodes, for whatever reason, returned a 503 Service temporarily not available error every time they were clicked on, and others did not. Those errors disappeared as soon as I disabled the addon.

Top Bottom