Optimized configuration

gasg

Hello all I will be moving my website on a vps server, unfortunately that is not an area which I'm familiar to do by my self so I will be getting a managed package too.

Can you please tell me the optimal configuration I will ask for them to do on the server ? Because I know if I dont ask it, it wont be installed.

I will choose the CentOS 64bit with cpanel, yeah I know it uses alot of resources but for a newbie like me I believe its ideal. Also xcache for it (I guess)

Im asking like what version mysql php or anything else I need to ask to be installed so I can have an optimized server.

Thank you all from a noob :)

With cPanel PHP 5.4 and MySQL 5.5 run great. On our XF install I've replaced MySQL with MariaDB which is an easy drop-in replacement. We've had great success with APC as well, though I've not used XF with Xcache.

Thank you all for the replies, my website is running and Im happy with the speed, but if it can be faster, why shouldn't I do it ? :)

Ive seen some websites with more than 1k members and the forums feel instant (literally) you click a link and you see all of the next page before you can blink.

Ive sent my host support this question this is what they told me.

Actually in your server Nginx is working as a front end reverse proxy of your cPanel server along with apache. It is just a plugin in cPanel which will increase the performance of the site.

We are not aware of how to install and set up xenforo in cPanel server where nginx is running as a front end reverse proxy.

So I don't know if thats the reason but I guess I will need to hire someone who can do this for me. Are there any people on the forum who specialize in such works ?

thanks again.

Thank you all for the replies, my website is running and Im happy with the speed, but if it can be faster, why shouldn't I do it ? :)

Ive seen some websites with more than 1k members and the forums feel instant (literally) you click a link and you see all of the next page before you can blink.

Ive sent my host support this question this is what they told me.

So I don't know if thats the reason but I guess I will need to hire someone who can do this for me. Are there any people on the forum who specialize in such works ?

thanks again.
You don't need to do anything special when installing nginxcp in Cpanel, it will pass all PHP processes back down to Apache, but nginx will serve the static content (images etc).

So to get this clear I can tell them to install nginxcp in Cpanel plugin without the need of doing anything else ?

So to get this clear I can tell them to install nginxcp in Cpanel plugin without the need of doing anything else ?
Correct :)

All it will do is replace Apache on port 80, all requests initially hit nginx, and anything that is PHP based is then passed onto Apache on port 8080. Static content is served via nginx, and dynamic content is served via Apache.

If you could afford the licensing, you could fully replace Apache with Litespeed. We've just done that on a site, with very good results.

Top Bottom