Fixed Opera 12.17 and partial quotes

Andrew B.

The partial quote prompt covers the text and interferes when the user highlighting text for other reasons. For example, they only want to select the name of a product and copy it to the clipboard using right-click.

8-15-2014-9-35-53-AM.webp

BTW, Opera 12.x is still supported and upgraded by Opera. The newer version is built on Chrome and little by little they are adding Opera features back. That's why many user stay with 12.x and why Opera supports it for the time-being.

The partial quote prompt covers the text and interferes when the user highlighting text for other reasons. For example, they only want to select the name of a product and copy it to the clipboard using right-click.

View attachment 80888

BTW, Opera 12.x is still supported and upgraded by Opera. The newer version is built on Chrome and little by little they are adding Opera features back. That's why many user stay with 12.x and why Opera supports it for the time-being.
It's 'supported' in the same way that XP was supported; it gets security patches, and minor fixes but for the most part it's end of life.

Not really. Microsoft has an end-of-life cycle they follow that results in the current OS and maybe one or two versions back getting updates. Opera is up to version 23 and they are not supporting all versions in between 12 and 23 with fixes. Version 12.x is being treated differently because of unusual circumstances, and users are treating it the same way.

Basically.... everyone has said, yeah screw you opera.... we dont want to be forced to move to chrome, we're sticking with 12.x

Still, Im not entirely sure xenforo should worry about this when we are 11 major opera releases down the line. In the same manner that xenforo should not worry about fanboy diehard ie6 users the same applies. If you choose to run an rusty piece of crap then the consequences of doing so are on your toes.

Maybe others see this different, but who the hell is opera anyway? They hold less than 2% of the browser market and this point release (12.x) will account for a stupidly smaller fraction still. *perspective*

Still, Im not entirely sure xenforo should worry about this when we are 11 major opera releases down the line. In the same manner that xenforo should not worry about fanboy diehard ie6 users the same applies. If you choose to run an rusty piece of crap then the consequences of doing so are on your toes.

Unfortunately, people still use older versions of Internet software (e.g., Internet Explorer 8), and they have to be taken into account.

If you choose to run an rusty piece of crap then the consequences of doing so are on your toes.

Maybe others see this different, but who the hell is opera anyway? They hold less than 2% of the browser market and this point release (12.x) will account for a stupidly smaller fraction still. *perspective*

As I see it, testers report bugs, developers decide what they want to do, and trolls make comments like "rusty piece of crap."

I didn't have to report this. I'm just a member of an admin community that decided to jump to the beta version. I thought I was being helpful. I also reported bugs for Burning Board 4.0 beta, and their partial quote feature doesn't have this problem.

Last edited:
As I see it, testers report bugs, developers decide what they want to do, and trolls make comments like "rusty piece of crap."

I didn't have to report this. I'm just a member of an admin community that decided to jump to the beta version. I thought I was being helpful. I also reported bugs for Burning Board 4.0 beta, and now their partial quote feature doesn't have this problem.
Rusty piece of crap was in regards to IE6.

I'm happy with my comments, although it should not be taken as a slur or negative on the reporter, it's great the effort has been made to report and xenforo will do what they will.

Surely I'm not a troll for having an opinion? Browser market share must be important and at less than half a percent for that point release then I'd say stuff that, especially when it is arguably end of life also.

You don't have to like my view of your superior browser, but please don't insult me for having an opinion based on reasonable facts.

Opera version is 12.15 and 11.64.
When I highlight a fragment of a text, the text highlight on a whole page (the same way like pressing Ctrl+A).
After that I don't be able to unselect this highlighting.

Another problem is:
Forum slows down for a few seconds after I trying to quote a text.

Top Bottom