Opening Statement of Testimony of Michael D. Cohen

Matt C.

The opening statement of the testimony of Michael D. Cohen was released.

Let's remember to respect everyone's political beliefs and discuss from a factual standpoint, otherwise Brogan will probably lock this thread.

Here is a link to the PDF.

Today is going to be one of the biggest days in US political history.

Edit:

Here is the full testimony video for anyone interested

Last edited:
The testimony of Michael D. Cohen was released. Let's remember to respect everyone's political beliefs and discuss from a factual standpoint, otherwise Brogan will probably lock this thread.

Here is a link to the PDF.

Today is going to be one of the biggest days in US political history.
Your political opinions pro or against who you want or who I want have no place here ; I know it’s off topic forum but that doesn’t mean you can use it for propaganda...that’s MY opinion.

I'm not using this for propoganda, what gain do I have for posting this?

I never even stated my political opinions in the post, all I did was provide the document for discussion.

This testimony is an important part of history, and I'm interested in hearing other people's thoughts.

Last edited:
I agree that it doesn't appear to be propaganda. I would hope the post is there just for information, there could be discussion in regard to history or legal technicalities.

OTOH, if people do start using the thread to incite, inflame or make it something else that is offensive, then at that point there are issues.

I've seen forums where this type of post just cannot be allowed to happen because 3 posts in it has already gone ballistic. Other forums people can stay civilised and have a grown up discussion.

This thread has already been reported a couple of times.

As per the forum guidelines:
For those discussions that are not XenForo related. This is still part of a business forum, so be aware of what you're discussing. Posts bashing competitors are not welcome. Highly charged topics (such as religion and politics) may be closed. Leave your shoes by the door and come on in.

The operative word there is may.

We will be keeping an eye on it and take action if necessary, so no need to report it.

lol.

Best regards,
The rest of the world.
In the US our system is purposely designed to be adversarial. Not affable or amicable. This is an effective tool for a check on power. Any power no matter what "side" it may appear to be on. Built-in checks and balances mean no head of state has a free hand to do whatever he/she pleases. They are and will be held to account. Most all Americans are comfortable with that and really don't care at all what the rest of the world thinks of it.

They just want to impeach trump. It's a lose lose situation. Not bashing democrats in any form or means. Obviously there are 2 sides to the story but it still is a bit obvious the real agenda here. He wasn't testifying in a court of law, he was testifying before a council and it's much different than if he was in court which he's already headed to prison from what I heard watching part of it this morning. Anyways it's a show bode. They just want to put him on TV purposely to make a bad situation even worse and make the president look bad. I disagree with a lot of the way trump handles things but he is not the same "type" of president we've had in the past. He stands out from the rest and chooses to be the way he is which has largely negative impacts in the media.

Just the way I feel myself. The president is unlike others we've had in the past which tend to go down the path of maintaining order. This one likes to get rowdy and cause uproar but cowboys are cowboys and to be fair the media just looks for a target no matter what the person is like for none other than -> money and headlines. It's not his fault that he doesn't want to play that suit and tie role like some of these other presidents. He's a business man.

I wanted Hillary and Bernie to lose hardcore. That involved Donald Trump becoming President of the United States. Not because I thought he would be a good president, but because I wanted the extremists on the far left and right to realize this is what happens when you can't compromise. This is what happens when you push your ideals too hard. This is what happens when you blow things way out of proportion. We will never see progress in this world until we break the barrier of left vs right. Sadly, that will likely not happen. People are inherently awful when it comes to their beliefs. Too close-minded to accept that their beliefs could be wrong (we've seen this throughout human history). There's no common sense anymore. There's just Idiocracy (watch the movie with the same name).

They just want to impeach trump. It's a lose lose situation. Not bashing democrats in any form or means. Obviously there are 2 sides to the story but it still is a bit obvious the real agenda here. He wasn't testifying in a court of law, he was testifying before a council and it's much different than if he was in court which he's already headed to prison from what I heard watching part of it this morning. Anyways it's a show bode. They just want to put him on TV purposely to make a bad situation even worse and make the president look bad. I disagree with a lot of the way trump handles things but he is not the same "type" of president we've had in the past. He stands out from the rest and chooses to be the way he is which has largely negative impacts in the media.

Just the way I feel myself. The president is unlike others we've had in the past which tend to go down the path of maintaining order. This one likes to get rowdy and cause uproar but cowboys are cowboys and to be fair the media just looks for a target no matter what the person is like for none other than -> money and headlines. It's not his fault that he doesn't want to play that suit and tie role like some of these other presidents. He's a business man.
He's already going to prison for lying to Congress. He is again under oath, to Congress. If he's lying yet again he is open to prosecution, again. It's the same as lying in court. Perjury is perjury.

In "witch hunts" what is it then called when actual witches are found. Last I checked, several Trump campaign people are doing time for crimes they comitted. It remains to be seen if the President himself is ever accused of any crimes. But we find that out through investigation and examination. Every American should support that no matter his/her stripe. You're saying all of the same things James Carville kept saying, about the Starr investigation. That "witch hunt" found lots of witches too.

We will never see progress in this world until we break the barrier of left vs right.
And yet, we've experienced GREAT progress in this world. Especially since the end of WW2. The "left-right dichotomy" isn't confined to the US by any means, it's pretty much prevalent worldwide. I'm always skeptical of the word "progress" when it is used, especially when it is claimed "they're holding back progress" and such. Makes me wonder what the personal definition of "progress" is and how it differs mightily from the actual definition. Some would argue that Sanders would bring us "progress." For example. It all depends on how objective one is.

I've never looked at the political spectrum as a line, divided left and right. I believe it's much more a circle, with the extremists (totalitarian) near the top, and liberty near the bottom. The circle is divided in half, with leftist ideals on the left and rightist at the right. This means the extremists really aren't that far apart in their totalitarian beliefs. Whereas with a line, it makes it appear the extremists are far, far apart in their beliefs. They're not, history has borne that out quite clearly.

Sickeningly, it seems most Americans are all for bigger and more intrusive federal government, as long as that bigger and more intrusive federal government carries out their personal beliefs. They're suddenly all worried about the national debt and the deficit, when it's not - when their guy isn't in power. That's the true illness plaguing our system right now.

President Trump has been accused of numerous crimes. Before anyone attacks me for saying that, I'm not saying that they are true, BUT he has been accused.
He's not been officially accused of anything as yet that I'm aware of, by any prosecution authority. I should have clarified. Accused a lot by a lot of politicos and talking heads, yes. But they don't count.

I'm sorry but it simply was not "one of the biggest days in US political history" and I suspect if you honestly think it was you are too involved and need to step back. In the real world, no one cared. People who hate Trump already believed everything Cohen said and people who support Trump easily dismiss what he said as lies. In short, absolutely nothing is different today than it was the day before yesterday. Not one mind was changed. Hardly a big day in US Politics.

My 2 cents.

I'm sorry but it simply was not "one of the biggest days in US political history" and I suspect if you honestly think it was you are too involved and need to step back. In the real world, no one cared. People who hate Trump already believed everything Cohen said and people who support Trump easily dismiss what he said as lies. In short, absolutely nothing is different today than it was the day before yesterday. Not one mind was changed. Hardly a big day in US Politics.

My 2 cents.

I completely disagree, respectively. It might have been "one of the biggest days in US political history", but it certainly laid the groundwork. Also I lot of people cared in the real world. Just because you didn't, doens't mean no one did.

Last edited:
Politics... nothing good ever comes out of it. All politics do is divide. US is excellent example of that with their dems vs reps nonsense. Saw some forums turned into completely toxic atmosphere because moderators allowed politics.

Politics... nothing good ever comes out of it. All politics do is divide. US is excellent example of that with their dems vs reps nonsense. Saw some forums turned into completely toxic atmosphere because moderators allowed politics.
Most people can't take an objective or unbiased stance on something enough to discuss things that go against their preferences or values. It's why I rarely discuss politics, religion or even technology (primarily Apple or Google Glass when it was a thing :cry:).

Top Bottom