OpenGraph meta tags not rendering.

I'm running xenforo 1.1 with akiron theme 1.1. I have set the correct opengraph logo path in style properties. I verified the fact that forum_list template does include the og meta data.

But when I view the page source for my forum home page, there is not even one og tag? Facebook's URL Linter is also unable to get the og meta data and shows four warnings.

What could possibly be going wrong?

Oh so I would need to create a facebook page for the site first and enter the details in ACP Options?

By the way, what about the twitter and google plus sharing tags? Do I need to do something to make sure they work right as well? (I'm not on either g+ or twitter.)

Thanks, it is working pretty well now. :) Just a couple more simple questions:

1. URL Linter says The og:locale property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Is there a place where I can specify this or does it require manually adding to the template?

2. I have uploaded a logo.og.png image of 200x200px. And URL Linter has downscaled it to 50x50, smudging it quite a bit in the process. What size does facebook actually use when sharing? What is the overall best recommended size for this particular opengraph logo?

Thanks.

You would need to manually add that, it must be a fairly new addition.

Checking on Facebook, the logo size when posted on a wall is set at a max of 90px x 90px.

Top Bottom