[OpenFire] - LiveSearch [Paid] [Deleted]

well, thats nothing i can help with, as it depends how your threads are named. :/

if its completly unusable for you, please let me know, and i will refund, im sorry that it doesnt work good for your board.

(normally, if you have "Text:" it is like a prefix as it indicates something. just add a prefix "Text", get rid of the "Text:" in the title and it should work flawlessy for your board)

No, no refund needed. I'll support your work anyway.

No, it is useful, but maybe more for me only since I know how it works. I add some text above the search box too that says if you want to search the whole content just use the board search system.

Another thing: if I enter "text test" or "test text" to integrated search system it founds same threads. That's why I'm confused about this one...

Yes, your advice is useful, but lot's of work for my board...

yes, the quicksearch is really usefull for quick searches, if you know what you want to find / what you are searching for.

if youre unsure, you should use the board search.

thats because i use a different query to search for threads.
if you search with the LiveSearch, it will query the database for titles, which are like the text you entered.

the system search splits all into keywords and searches for them, also it builds a search index, which takes a lot of space but allows to find threads more quickly.

if the livesearch would search for keywords, it wouldnt be that performant anymore and would use many resources and wouldnt be that quick anymore.

for that you have mods, to do the dirty work haha ;)

Understand. Thanks for explanation. It's ok for me. Just looking for some good notice for users to let them know how it works and to use the system search if they are not sure what are they looking for.

Just looking for some good notice for users to let them know how it works and to use the system search if they are not sure what are they looking for.

sounds like a job for me.
have to give an option, to display a notice.

meanwhile you could use the notices system or something like that :)

// Edit
also you could edit the Phrase "openfire_livesearch_enter_search" and add a notice there

i cant understand that but i think its not looking too bad.

still, there needs to be a much cleaner way to make members/users aware.
i will think about something.

It means something like:

Search by title content only ... for full content search use the search engine on top right corner or click here
---

Absolutely it needs to be cleaner way.

Looking forward for your solution.

So does it mean it has to be a character to character match ? For example, it won't return thread called "Apple Banana Oranges" if you search for "Banana Apple Oranges" ?

So does it mean it has to be a character to character match ? For example, it won't return thread called "Apple Banana Oranges" if you search for "Banana Apple Oranges" ?
yes but if you search for Banana Oranges, it will return Apple Banana Oranges thread as well.

but thats the idea behind a quick search, you know what you are searching and find it quickly, otherwise use the forum search function.

eg i want to find threads related to apples, i search apples and find threads with apples.
if i dont know what to search for, you use the forum search and search for Fruits.

yes but if you search for Banana Oranges, it will return Apple Banana Oranges thread as well.

but thats the idea behind a quick search, you know what you are searching and find it quickly, otherwise use the forum search function.

eg i want to find threads related to apples, i search apples and find threads with apples.
if i dont know what to search for, you use the forum search and search for Fruits.
so you are saying if there are 3 threads {"apple banana oranges", "Oranges Apple Banana", "Banana Oranges Apple"} and if you search for "Banana" if will return all three ?

yes, it should do that and works that way on my board as well.

as you can see here

Screenshot_2013-11-04-04-27-18.webp

Screenshot_2013-11-04-04-34-10.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom