Open Source?

thunderup

I was just curious,

Is xenForo an open source software ?
Also, when you install an add-on , does it show up as its own icon/section within the admin-side?

Thanks! Great software regardless!

Thanks mane,

Yes, I figure you can edit it pretty much just like vB .. I'm just trying to learn where everything is located in all of these files on the admin-side (lots of different file/names as opposed to vB

Thanks mane,

Yes, I figure you can edit it pretty much just like vB .. I'm just trying to learn where everything is located in all of these files on the admin-side (lots of different file/names as opposed to vB

There are numerous files because each file contains just one class. This really helps to keep down on overhead as XenForo only loads what it needs, :)

Yeah, I use the term "visual source," because it's kind of in between open and closed source. It's not free to view or modify, but you can do so once you purchase a license.

Pardon me for bumping this old post but:

So I got that right, that XenForo is OSS? In other words: When I buy XenForo I can fully view and edit the code?

PS: Please note the difference between OSS and F(ree)OSS. I know, that I have to pay for XenForo.

Xenforo is in no way open source software.

You can see the source code when you purchase because for the most part you don't really see compiled software meant to be used for webpages but this does not in any way make it open source.

Open source by definition must be amoungst other things, free to re-distribute for free or pay and the original software must allow for derivative works

Top Bottom