Lack of interest [OPEN] Allow us to change our name once per month

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
Ok. I know that sine the 1.8.2 update came out for Minecraft, that people have been changing their names. I am requesting that people should be able to change their names instead of having to get a forums administrator or owner to do it for us. This is all I ask.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There are some add-ons available in the RM that accomplish this. However, I like that only administrators can change usernames as it lets them make sure the usernames comply with site guidelines.

There are some add-ons available in the RM that accomplish this. However, I like that only administrators can change usernames as it lets them make sure the usernames comply with site guidelines.
But the website that we are on is strictly Anti - NSFW as it can possibly be. All users get punished if something goes wrong. And besides. This should even be a toggled option.

Name changing in games where you might casually play with others who you may only meet once or twice, and changing names on forums where discussions take place and people get to know each other and develop online relationships are two completely different things. It would be horrible for users to constantly have people changing their names. Posts which reference usernames would be awful as, although the tagged name will link to the profile, the user could have changed their name several times, so you'd have no idea when reading a post who someone is without clicking on the username link and working things out from there.

It's bad enough some well-known people here having their name changed several times over the years, make that @Chris D go back to his original Yorick username I say! ;) :LOL:

I think this is a very niche suggestion that most forum admins and users wouldn't want and only a few would require, so it would be better suited as an add-on.

It would be horrible for users to constantly have people changing their names. Posts which reference usernames would be awful as, although the tagged name will link to the profile, the user could have changed their name several times, so you'd have no idea when reading a post who someone is without clicking on the username link and working things out from there.

This can sort of be worked around by adding a custom user field to input your past usernames, but it's something that would have to be updated; unfortunately, not that many people are good at keeping things up-to-date.

Could you just use an addon to comply with this? Just because Minecraft offered to change in game names, doesn't really mean xF needs to.
There are other people who use XenForo, not just minecraft servers ;)

Top Bottom