• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

OP has URL in it, grab description and add to bottom of OP

cynthetiq

I'd like to have a mod that works like putting in a URL into facebook or google+ that it pulls in the URL Title and part of the page and puts it at the bottom of the OP maybe in a quote tag.

I think it would help start discussions since some people will just put in a link and say discuss.

Is it possible to do some mod like that? Depending on the development costs, I would be willing to make it a paid mod. Options would be just the OP or all posts would generate the quoted description and URL grab.

I'm working on an mybb add-on for this.
Let's see if i can finish it & if i have time to port it to xf

me too^^

but that's really complex if you want to have it like on facebook
the easiest part is to grab the title, but the relevant infos are very tricky :(

@ragtek,

Do you mean its easy to just grab the title, as in if the link is posted http://www.google.com it turns into Google automatically?
yes it is

what i need to do for an customer, is to have a window after the user clicks "post reply" which shows the url and whcih grabs the images + title +description of the site^^
Eaxctly as on facebook :(

Top Bottom