Oooooo! Sub-Forums! Is that new or am I just blind?

This. Much better layout tool, esp with being able to give individual forums icons to represent them.

I much prefer being able to layout forumhome using more of the horizontal space... Doing it as a strictly top down is awkward when you have a lot of forums, doing it in columns makes a lot more sense. And adding representational images makes it much more intuitive.

::tosses 2 shiny coins in hat::
A horizontal option would be awesome.
Ive always loved how the people over at http://www.footballforum.com/ do their team forums section.
I replicated it once, but it looks really bad the way i did it.
They keep most of their forums "normal" but turn the area with the teams into a series of columns.
I would love to display my subforums like that... or any kind of forum in general.

A lot of us run sites where our most busiest forums are indeed subforums... placed as such due to hierarchical reasons.

I run an american sports site. NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL are my main 4 "forums".
But various team forums within each of those main forums are much more busy than the top level forum.

The current system is very elegant and looks great. Removes a lot of clutter from the forumhome... but it may be a little unpractical for a lot of us.
Maybe make this feature something that can be toggled off and on?
I would like to see how you've organised your forums...

Top Bottom