Implemented Only customers can view template modifications

Matthew2D

Hello. I want only xenforo customers to be able to see the template modifications. From time to time I see nulled forums using my template mods and it ticks me off. So yea.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
m0nstaLulz is my username. I did not help "Garett". Why does somebody saying they have a nulled xenforo forum on my shoutbox have anything to do with me?

Personally I ban those users from my site that have no respect for those who paid for the software.
It's a pure insult after paying for a site, to offer a service to others to use your site. To come and ask for help with a nulled instance. I don't know why you'd support that by allowing the post. It's a signal that you're ok with nulled XenForo and only provokes others to either continue the conversation or discuss piracy on the web site.
Yes, indirectly it has to do with you.

Personally I ban those users from my site that have no respect for those who paid for the software.
It's a pure insult after paying for a site, to offer a service to others to use your site. To come and ask for help with a nulled instance. I don't know why you'd support that by allowing the post. It's a signal that you're ok with nulled XenForo and only provokes others to either continue the conversation or discuss piracy on the web site.
Yes, indirectly it has to do with you.
Any non-official administrator forum will have users that use pirated software as members, more often than not asking for support. Case in point, I pointed out a designer on XenFans who was using a nulled XenForo, and never saw anything done about it on your end.

You're also one of the last people who should be talking about piracy, as you proudly talk about the TV shows you download from usenet, which is considered a form of piracy.

Publicly 'stoning' people for piracy does nothing more than make this community look bad.

When you reported someone on XenFans for nulled XenForo I talked to the person, our team, and to Kier directly. But whatever.

So you are saying that on his site users can talk about piracy, but on this site is makes the community look bad? What's the difference per web site? How does it not make his web site look bad? A nonsense argument.
I am not stoning him, he said he has it behind him, which is good. All I did was request him to perhaps not let users abuse his site. He commented back, I explained my motivation.

I didn't think he needed his dad to have a conversation with us.
It was him who started the thread about people abusing resources, so he's opening himself up for comments.
And someone pointed out his history.

Just for the sake of pointing this out. "Lulz" we're hackers, they wasn't into piracy (as such). They was into taking well known large sites down to hit the headline news. Also, Matthew2D owns a valid XF license and that should be kept in mind. Bit naive to think things like this won't happen on other peoples forums, talking about it and some admitting they even run a nulled version to other members. Even read posts on vBulletin itself saying it, some joining admitting it and the threads are still open there too.

And if Floris is in fact downloading TV shows from Usenet. Sorry, but he's no right to call anyone out over piracy issues.

When you reported someone on XenFans for nulled XenForo I talked to the person, our team, and to Kier directly. But whatever.

So you are saying that on his site users can talk about piracy, but on this site is makes the community look bad? What's the difference per web site? How does it not make his web site look bad? A nonsense argument.
I am not stoning him, he said he has it behind him, which is good. All I did was request him to perhaps not let users abuse his site. He commented back, I explained my motivation.

I didn't think he needed his dad to have a conversation with us.
It was him who started the thread about people abusing resources, so he's opening himself up for comments.
And someone pointed out his history.

Lynching someone who pirates, or has pirated in the past makes this community look bad. Someone who does pirate asked for help on his forum, he told them to ask on the official site, and then he admits he uses nulls. Did he give them help? Did he respond to the positively in support of them pirating? If not, it is no different than things on many other sites. Pirates obviously go looking for support at unofficial forums. As I stated, you had some at XenFans that were releasing/showing off designs (One of which who rips designs and brags about it).

He told the person to get support at XenForo, and then they admitted they were using nulled software; did he provide support? Did he help the user at all? If not, he's done nothing wrong, and is no different than any other site where a pirate asks for help, including XenFans.

Yes, he opened himself up for comments on the irony and his own history, not someone asking for support which was never provided. I can guarantee no one is free from piracy of one sort or another, so jumping all over others for it is just pure hypocrisy.

Code:
He told the person to get support at XenForo, and then they admitted they were using nulled software; did he provide support? Did he help the user at all? If not, he's done nothing wrong, and is no different than any other site where a pirate asks for help, including XenFans.

I did not provide support.

Didn't think that a community needed anyones help to look bad (or good). It does fine on its own.
Pray tell, how is it possible for a community to look bad without people? The action of members of a community are what people judge a community by.

Matthew2D is a licensed XenForo customer and has made a valid suggestion. Keep this discussion focused on his suggestion. Personally, I agree with him. Members that do not have their forum accounts associated with a valid license can not download add-ons or styles, that limitation should be extended to template mods as well.

Matthew2D is a licensed XenForo customer and has made a valid suggestion. Keep this discussion focused on his suggestion. Personally, I agree with him. Members that do not have their forum accounts associated with a valid license can not download add-ons or styles, that limitation should be extended to template mods as well.
Completely agree.

Top Bottom