Lack of interest onForumPreSave / onForumSave ForumType handler

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

DragonByte Tech

Currently, there is no variant of onPostSave for the ForumType handler. This would be useful in case external tables should be updated based on changes to the forum / type config.

public function onForumPreSave(Forum $forum, bool $isTypeEnter)
public function onForumSave(Forum $forum, bool $isTypeEnter)

Use case: I am converting my "eCommerce Tickets" add-on to store the forum's associated product ID in the type_config rather than in a new column. Additional ticket data is saved in a separate table (the data wouldn't be suitable for storing in the thread table), and when the product ID is changed I would like to be able to mass update this separate table.

I know I can extend the Forum entity, but I've been able to eliminate 100% of forum/thread related extensions and template modifications due to how comprehensive the ThreadType system is, so it would be great to be able to achieve this too :)

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom