XF 1.5 One Forum Visible to Public, All Others Require Registration

Dan Allen

I think I know the answer to this, but I am not certain.

The requirement is that one of our forums needs to be visible to unregistered visitors. Unregistered visitors need read only access to this one forum.

None of the rest of our forums can be visible to unregistered visitors.

Do we have to make all our forums private except that one visible to the public?

I think we do, but I also think I might be wrong.

Great answer, thank you.

I thought that a group could not ever see anything without view permissions assigned as a group permission. Now, I see that is incorrect.

Potentially yes. Depending on the change you're making, it may have to regenerate the final permissions for a lot of users. There's an option to clean up permissions under rebuild caches; this may help somewhat if there are now-unused permission combinations in the database.

Potentially yes. Depending on the change you're making, it may have to regenerate the final permissions for a lot of users. There's an option to clean up permissions under rebuild caches; this may help somewhat if there are now-unused permission combinations in the database.
What would be great would be if we could make changes to all the groups without the permissions all being rebuilt until we have made changes to several groups. That way, the rebuild would run once for a lot more changes instead of once for every group affected. I am assuming running once for all the changed groups together would not take as long as the sum of running the permissions rebuild for every group separately.

Top Bottom