On the main Forum page, what all an be added on the right hand as widgets or addons?

Learner

Hello,
I have purchased Xenforo :D now I am changing the various parameters for my domain name and finalising the hosting !!
I wanted to ask what all can be put in the right hand boxes on the main forum page?
Please give all possible choices, I am a learner, I would want to think when I see the choices.
thanks.

I think you're talking about the Sidebar.

Technically you can put anything in there.

There's an add-on called the Widget Framework that may make doing this a bit easier.

There's numerous widgets included with that add-on plus other snippets of code that people have released that can achieve certain functions.

However, you have posted this in the Pre-Sale forum.

You need to associate your customer account (http://xenforo.com/customers) with your Forum account and post this in the appropriate forum.

Thanks a lot !! Yorick, I know this is a pre sales section but this section is what was ( one of the most responsible for me ) purchasing Xenforo, so I continued here..
Please give me the link of the said addon.. so I can see it.
P.S I have already associated my account on the customer section :D
I think you're talking about the Sidebar.

Technically you can put anything in there.

There's an add-on called the Widget Framework that may make doing this a bit easier.

There's numerous widgets included with that add-on plus other snippets of code that people have released that can achieve certain functions.

However, you have posted this in the Pre-Sale forum.

You need to associate your customer account (http://xenforo.com/customers) with your Forum account and post this in the appropriate forum.

Yes the thread has been moved now so it's all good :D

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/

That's for the Widget Framework.

By default this has:

1. Clear Sidebar
2. Staff Online Now
3. Members Online Now
4. Forum Statistics
5. Share This Page
6. Users. 2 modes: order by register_date or message_count
7. Threads. 4 modes: New threads, Recent threads, Popular threads or Polls
8. Conditional HTML. Test a PHP expression and display HTML on sidebar
9. Poll (since 1.0). 2 modes: feature poll and recent poll
10. Visitor Panel (since 1.0.6)
11. Recent Status (since 1.0.9)
12. Birthday (since 1.1)
13. PHP Callback (since 1.1)

Some of these are default XenForo side bar items, but you can turn them on/off, move them up and down and you can also add custom widgets by creating your own templates and adding them as a widget.

There's also, in the Resource Manager, some widgets that have been released for it.

But the general thing is, if there's something you want there, it will be possible. If it doesn't already exist then you can create it yourself if you know how or someone here might be able to create it for you.

Yes this moving of threads, that is also one of the things that Iwant to know ( as to how its done )
as for th erst of your points, I would love to try this on a demo forum account as ( domain registrar ) is playing foul and not letting me change my hosting provider.. ( iDomain.com ) my partner made that mistake.. me not to blame !
I am all excited and wanting to test and incorporate everything that Xen has to offer ;)
Yes the thread has been moved now so it's all good :D

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/

That's for the Widget Framework.

By default this has:

1. Clear Sidebar
2. Staff Online Now
3. Members Online Now
4. Forum Statistics
5. Share This Page
6. Users. 2 modes: order by register_date or message_count
7. Threads. 4 modes: New threads, Recent threads, Popular threads or Polls
8. Conditional HTML. Test a PHP expression and display HTML on sidebar
9. Poll (since 1.0). 2 modes: feature poll and recent poll
10. Visitor Panel (since 1.0.6)
11. Recent Status (since 1.0.9)
12. Birthday (since 1.1)
13. PHP Callback (since 1.1)

Some of these are default XenForo side bar items, but you can turn them on/off, move them up and down and you can also add custom widgets by creating your own templates and adding them as a widget.

There's also, in the Resource Manager, some widgets that have been released for it.

But the general thing is, if there's something you want there, it will be possible. If it doesn't already exist then you can create it yourself if you know how or someone here might be able to create it for you.

Top Bottom