1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On the fence. Need some input.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Devil_Dog, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Devil_Dog

Devil_Dog New Member

Hi,

I like your software but I'm still on the fence. I currently use VB4 with their CMS. There are a few things that I need and don't know if they are available in XF.

1) Is there a mod/resource for downloads?
    2) Can I create static pages. For example an Amazon store page.
    3) What is the best option for CMS? I would need to convert my current articles and I'm not sure if I can or not.

Thanks

2. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Devil_Dog eh?

1. Resource Manager being developed, will be purchaseable
    2. Statics are shown in AdminCP, not sure about having shown to public, although sure you can with add-on. Obviously read that wrong, haha. Thanks Brogan.
    3. CMS, others likely able to answer better.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

4. principia

principia Well-Known Member

TheVisitors likes this.
  5. Devil_Dog

Devil_Dog New Member

Thanks.. Any idea of how far or near in the future the download add-on will be available.

Also, a last one. Spam. We all hate it. What anti-spam measures are available?

Thanks again and I appreciate all the input.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I can't really give a date on the RM but it's not too far away.
    There are a few things which still need to be implemented.

Spam tools at the minute include two types of captcha and the Spam Cleaner: http://xenforo.com/help/spam/

Stop Forum Spam will be in 1.2.

7. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

That sounds like music to me. If Brogan said it's not too far away, I know it's on the horizon.
    Taking out my wallet in anticipation.

Saeed likes this.
  8. whyweprotest

whyweprotest Well-Known Member

I too eagerly await the release.

9. Gabby

Gabby Well-Known Member

Hello Dog,
    I'm not going to answer any of your questions because they have already been answers but I will say one thing. Less is often more. This holds true for forum software and I don't mean add-ons and mods.

I'm so glad I don't run a VB for anymore and never will again.

Gabby

10. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

1. Yes. http://xenforo.com/community/resources/
    2. With certain add ones yes. I believe you can with Xenporta CMS. Jaxel would know best though.
    3. I use Xenporta myself. I hear people use wordpress though, and I see there's a few new CMS's being developed here in the community.

Xenforo has worked out great for my community. I would never go anywhere else.