Fixed On Chrome for Android it's (nearly?) impossible to hit the "Select-to-quote" reply button

Steffen

Affected version
IMHO select-to-quote is one of the best features in XenForo. :) But on Chrome for Android it's (nearly?) impossible to use because the select-to-quote menu appears in nearly the same spot as the blue text selection knobs/handles. And these blue text selection knobs/handles have a much larger tap area than visible in the screenshot and that basically covers the whole "Reply" button and makes it untapable. The "Quote" button is easy to hit but unfortunately the "Reply" button is (nearly?) impossible to hit. (I'm personally completely unable to hit it, maybe it's possible when hitting an exact pixel somewhere.)

Maybe the code could be changed such that the select-to-quote menu appears a) further down or b) in between the two knobs?

I'm using a Nexus 5X with Chrome 67 on Android 8.1.

Attachments

• Chrome for Android Text Selection.webp
    Chrome for Android Text Selection.webp
    84.7 KB · Views: 35
Maybe the code could be changed such that the select-to-quote menu appears a) further down or b) in between the two knobs?
It's difficult to get right. A) is probably more viable, and I think we made similar changes before to accommodate it (though that might have been on iOS)

For Android devices, we now add an additional 10px offset for the tooltip. I don't like it, it makes it feel a bit disconnected but usability is more important.

Top Bottom