[oman] Style Chooser Link in Visitor Panel

[oman] Style Chooser Link in Visitor Panel 1.5.1

No permission to download

oman

oman submitted a new resource:

[TH] Style Chooser Link in Visitor Panel - Adds a link within the visitor panel to trigger the style chooser

This add on adds a link within the user's visitor panel allowing a user to easily pick their desired style:

View attachment 56187

Once clicked, this will open up the Style Chooser overlay:

View attachment 56188

This add on works with the XenForo 1.2.0 version and above.

To install this add on, install the XML file within the ZIP file above like a normal add on within your Admin Control Panel.

To change the text within the link, all you need to do is edit the...

Read more about this resource...

On the list to fix/implement:

• Replicate the function of the footer style chooser link to actually show the name of the style being used.
  • Check permissions for viewing of styles.
Sorted for 1.0.1!

Last edited:
oman updated [TH] Style Chooser Link in Visitor Panel with a new update entry:

Update to replicate footer link behaviour, new display!

This update now follows the behaviour of the footer link for the style chooser, now showing the style currently being used, and reflecting whether or not the user can actually pick a style.

View attachment 56201

To upgrade, do so like a normal add on replacing the XML file within the Admin Control Panel.

Read the rest of this update entry...

XenForo 1.3.0 Compatibility + New Phrase

The add on has been cleaned up to work with XenForo 1.3.x. It may already work for some, but you would do no harm in updating. This update retains compatibility for XenForo 1.2.x.

This add on adds a new phrase so you can change the text 'Style' to something else you want e.g. 'Skin' or 'Design' etc. so you don't need to change the XenForo phrase.

The new phrase is: th_stylechooser_style :

View attachment 66354
To upgrade, just do so by upgrading the...

Hi,
How to remove Style selector in footer?

View attachment 71973

Remove this part from the footer template:

Code:
                <xen:if is="{$canChangeStyle}">
                    <dt>{xen:phrase style}</dt>
                    <dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase style_chooser}" rel="nofollow">{$visitorStyle.title}</a></dd>
                </xen:if>

I know it.

Can not be removed with extra css?

.bla-bla-bla {
display: none;
}

Class "chooser" removed style and language

I don't think so.

I had a look myself in firebug, and I don't think there is a specific class for it. I tried to display none it, but it it got rid of other links. If I have a closer look I might be able to work it out.

how I had not seen this nice addon before?
It is very useful, many users do not even know that is possible change the skin.(the style chooser is difficult to find) (button left)
This addon is exactly what I was looking for a long time.
installing............

how he had not seen this nice addon before?
It is very useful, many users do not even know that is possible change the skin.(the style chooser is difficult to find) (button left)
This addon is exactly what I was looking for a long time.
installing............

If it all goes well for you and you are happy with the add on, feel free to leave a review. :)

I just updated this on my site because "sidebar_visitor_panel" template has been changed with 1.5, here's how to do it:

go to template modifications > [TH] Style Chooser Link in Visitor Panel > edit the only modification "sidebar_visitor_panel"

Now in the find box add this:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.enableTrophies}">
                    <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase points}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.trophy_points}</dd></dl>

in replace box add this:
Code:
$0
                <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase th_stylechooser_style}:</dt> <dd><xen:if is="{$canChangeStyle}"><a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase style_chooser}" rel="nofollow">{$visitorStyle.title}</a></xen:if></dd></dl>

Save the code and you are done. ;)

Note: You have to enable debug mode in order to make changes to template modifications.

I just updated this on my site because "sidebar_visitor_panel" template has been changed with 1.5, here's how to do it:

go to template modifications > [TH] Style Chooser Link in Visitor Panel > edit the only modification "sidebar_visitor_panel"

Now in the find box add this:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.enableTrophies}">
                    <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase points}:</dt> <dd>{xen:number $visitor.trophy_points}</dd></dl>

in replace box add this:
Code:
$0
                <dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase th_stylechooser_style}:</dt> <dd><xen:if is="{$canChangeStyle}"><a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase style_chooser}" rel="nofollow">{$visitorStyle.title}</a></xen:if></dd></dl>

Save the code and you are done. ;)

Note: You have to enable debug mode in order to make changes to template modifications.

Thanks @Cyb3r - I'll put an update out shortly. :)

Compatibility fix for XenForo Version 1.5.x

This update ensures compatibility with XenForo 1.5.x.

Please ensure you update to this version if you are running XenForo 1.5.x.

You can upgrade the add on by heading into the Admin Control Panel and updating it like a normal add on with the XML provided.

For previous XenForo versions, please use the downloadable versions in the version history tab - [TH] Style Chooser Link in Visitor...

Thanks @Cyb3r - I'll put an update out shortly. :)
I just downloaded the latest version, but @Cyb3r's code change seems to be not included ?
The template modification still replaces the whole block.

btw: the <xen:if is="{$canChangeStyle}"> part should be at the beginning of the line.
Otherwise, if users are not allowed to change the styles, they will still have a useless line starting with "Style:" but no style chooser ;)

Code:
  <public_template_modifications>
    <modification template="sidebar_visitor_panel" modification_key="stylechooserlinkvisitorpanel" description="" execution_order="10" enabled="1" action="str_replace">
      <find><![CDATA[<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.enableTrophies}">
                </xen:if>]]></find>
      <replace><![CDATA[$0
                <xen:if is="{$canChangeStyle}"><dl class="pairsJustified"><dt>{xen:phrase th_stylechooser_style}:</dt> <dd><a href="{xen:link 'misc/style', '', 'redirect={$requestPaths.requestUri}'}" class="OverlayTrigger Tooltip" title="{xen:phrase style_chooser}" rel="nofollow">{$visitorStyle.title}</a></xen:if></dd></dl>
                </xen:if>]]></replace>
    </modification>
  </public_template_modifications>

Top Bottom