XF 1.3 Old vBulletin tables

Bob_R

Couldn't help but noticing when running Syspex Dumper 2/Backup & Restore all my old vBulletin tables.

What has everyone else that's migrated to XenForo from vBulletin eventually ended up doing?

How do I "drop" these?

TY.

I'm sorry, I'm confused. When I migrated to XenForo I didn't start from scratch. My board just continued merrily along.

Unless I'm missing something didn't the database (XenForo) merge into the vBulletin one?

After you import from vB to XF you can remove the vB database. If they are in the same database then you can remove the vB tables from that database.

The import essentially "copies" the data from vB into XF.

Do all Xenforo tables begin with the characters xf? Would it be safe to say that anything that doesn't begin with xf can be deleted or is this a false statement?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-09-30 at 3.50.19 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-09-30 at 3.50.19 PM.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 14
I've dropped many tables from my database after the migration to XenForo. I realize many of the XenForo tables are prefixed with xf_ and those I have obviously not touched.

I also realize some that I need that do not begin with xf_, for example cta_

With the screenshots I've provided can someone tell me which of the remaining tables in question can be safely dropped?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-01-15 at 3.52.16 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2015-01-15 at 3.52.16 PM.webp
    132 KB · Views: 11
  • Screen shot 2015-01-15 at 3.51.28 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2015-01-15 at 3.51.28 PM.webp
    146.7 KB · Views: 11
It's impossible to say as add-ons may not be prefixed with xf_.

Did you install XenForo using the same database as your existing vBulletin installation?

You will have to manually check each one and ensure it is not used by your XenForo installation.

The date of the last entry in the table may help.

Why didn't you create a new database, you're giving yourself more work than needed.

Well what's done is done. I came to XenForo last June. And, also nowhere in the instructions, to the best of my memory, does it advise to create new database if coming form vBulletin.

Top Bottom