Old People Shouldn't Be Driving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaury

Nearly got T-boned at a four-way intersection because this old man was just following the semi in front of him and blowing the stop sign. Only reason he stopped was because I was there and he came inches from hitting me.

For the record, I'm not saying all old people are like this, hence why I didn't have "All" in the title, but the majority of old people (80+, I would say) really shouldn't be driving.

I think certain drivers should be required to have a GPS tracker on their car (to measure safety only).
I'm sure the data coming from the GPS tracker could help someone determine if they are safe or not.

As an example,

I am sure the GPS tracker could show the older driver in question made a major mistake.

I was hit by a man who was in his mid-70s about a month ago, had my wife and 2 kids in the car too.

We were hit at about 50mph from the rear, he wasn't watching the road in front of him. Luckily all we needed replaced was the back bumper and the 2 car seats (all taken care of by the guilty party). One month later, after a handful of chiropractor visits we're feeling pretty good too.

We were lucky...

I think everyone should take a driving course @ age 50 or licenses removed at 50. And raise the driving age to 25.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think once you reach a certain age you should have to take a driving test every year to renew your license. You don't pass your license doesn't get renewed. I drive an 18-wheeler for a living and spent a lot of money to get my CDL and on a daily basis I have some old person almost run into me, cut me off, not pay attention to what they are doing to risk losing it. I like to think I am more gracious than most truck drivers. I will slow down to allow vehicles to merge on to the interstate and try to be gracious when passing to not put the bumper of my trailer into your drivers seat. I wait till you could fit about 4-5 cars between us before I come back over.

Like I said (sorry got off topic for a sec) at about age 62 you should have to take the drivers test every year to renew. While it's not fair to some it will get those off the road that are to stubborn to admit to themselves they shouldn't be driving anymore.

I think everyone should take a driving course @ age 50 or licenses removed at 50. And raise the driving age to 25.
Promise you that at age 50, I can out-drive most 25 year olds. Of course, it helps that I had 14 years of pursuit driving training and also actual application of said training. :p
Not to mention plenty of GTA play.:ROFLMAO:

Probably a good idea to retest starting at 68 or so. Heck, I think you can fly a commercial jet til 65!

Probably a good idea to retest starting at 68 or so. Heck, I think you can fly a commercial jet til 65!

Well I was just throwing out a number but yeah the point being once you reach a certain age you need to have to retest every year. The reason I say every year is because a lot can change in a years time.

Well I was just throwing out a number but yeah the point being once you reach a certain age you need to have to retest every year. The reason I say every year is because a lot can change in a years time.
imo it should be every couple of years forever. A lot of people my age (I'm 18) get their license for a few years then totally forget how to drive properly... or pass their test on a fluke.

imo it should be every couple of years forever. A lot of people my age (I'm 18) get their license for a few years then totally forget how to drive properly... or pass their test on a fluke.

I don't think it's so much that they forget, but those individuals only do good on the test so they can get their license and then throw all of the good driving stuff out the window.

I don't think it's so much that they forget, but those individuals only do good on the test so they can get their license and then throw all of the good driving stuff out the window.

discrimination is idiotic... go form a hate group... somewhere else please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom