Ok, who has a crystal ball for this question?

jonsidneyb

After this product is available. How long will it take for the guys making custom plugins to come over and start showing their stuff?

Well, what does the crystal ball think at least?

I'd prefer to stay with a user-moderated system. What if I develop a really good mod, but I don't have the money to get the seal of approval? A pay-for-approval system seems more like "who has the money and who doesn't," not "which addons are actually good and which aren't." :)

I'd prefer to stay with a user-moderated system. What if I develop a really good mod, but I don't have the money to get the seal of approval? A pay-for-approval system seems more like "who has the money and who doesn't," not "which addons are actually good and which aren't." :)

Would that depend on how much it did cost? I do think the customers should financially be supporting the code monkeys and then the code monkeys can pay for the testing.

I'd love to do a sort of XenForo Approved scheme for third-party add-ons, but the problem is that by awarding a label like that, XenForo assume some responsibility for making sure that the add-on is well behaved, which means that it requires top-flight developers to review the code. Such a program would be potentially very expensive to run, and I'm sure that most customers would prefer that the developers concentrate on building the core system.

I agree, but you could also consider doing a 1 (UNIQUE) product / addon a year that gets a 'most community appreciated' label?

If you are referring to my suggestion, I meant that as a completely optional thing, not a requirement.

I know it would save me a huge amount of headaches if there were an entity that, with the blessing of vb.com, would sort through the vborg mods. That was just one example. Some of the comments on the vborg mods are extremely long and many no longer apply to what can be downloaded because the product has been updated.

Top Bottom