Ok to go from 3 to 5?

I'm not saying people wouldn't be helpful but there are a lot of developers and coders and whatnot on this board, and there are some questions you just don't ask. Like, "I'm having X problem with IE." (Answer: "why are you using that piece of crap?") So I figured it would go like this:

Can I skip from Beta 3 to (say) Beta 5?

Why would you want to skip a Beta? That makes no sense!

Because upgrading it myself is a nervewracking process that often ends badly, and I hate to bother someone else again this soon.

You should learn how to upgrade properly, it's not that hard! You just unzip the chimode and teleport it to the mySquirrel and then do the hokey pokey and some calculus! And voila!

But, I was wrong - sorry to have pre-judged. :)

I'm not saying peope wouldn't be helpful but there are a lot of developers and coders and whatnot on this board, and there are some questions you just don't ask. Like, "I'm having X problem with IE." (Answer: "why are you using that piece of crap?") So I figured it would go like this:

Can I skip from Beta 3 to (say) Beta 5?

Why would you want to skip a Beta? That makes no sense!

Because upgrading it myself is a nervewracking process that often ends badly, and I hate to bother someone else again this soon.

You should learn how to upgrade properly, it's not that hard! You just unzip the chimode and teleport it to the mySquirrel and then do the hokey pokey and some calculus! And voila!

But, I was wrong - sorry to have pre-judged. :)

If you pre-judged, it's because that's how it would have gone elsewhere. I think we are all finding the level of help here beyond anything we've all experienced in other forum company support boards.

As another website puts it: "There is no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer." LOL But so many sites forget that answering the easy ones helps others in their search for something they need to know.

I'm glad the question got asked cause I wondered myself.

Well that answers the question I was about to ask as well :)

One of these days will think of something that Kier and Mike collectively haven't covered ....

Top Bottom