Often doubling a message

When pressing the button to submit the message users often press it once more because of delay, and the button works once more and the message posted extra time or even two

I was just having a look at your site, it seems quick enough to me and I didn't encounter any problems just generally browsing.

Do you have a test login available and a test forum where I can make some posts?

Is there any pattern with regards to the users who are affected?
Are they all using the same ISP or browser, etc?

BTW, I've moved the thread to general troubleshooting from bug reports as it's not a confirmed bug and is possibly just a local issue.

I was just having a look at your site, it seems quick enough to me and I didn't encounter any problems just generally browsing.

Do you have a test login available and a test forum where I can make some posts?

Is there any pattern with regards to the users who are affected?
Are they all using the same ISP or browser, etc?

BTW, I've moved the thread to general troubleshooting from bug reports as it's not a confirmed bug and is possibly just a local issue.

Thank you. I have only one licence for the software and the site is only place where we can test it. If you will be so kind to test I can make a test login for you. All users are affected. Some users use double-click for the submit button and so their message is doubled. The users are very remote, not that the ISP is the matter. Thank you

Please send the test login details via PM and I will take a look.
Let me know where the test forum is - my Russian isn't that good ;)

Excuse me, not at the moment made English in test profile a default language. Now it is.

That's OK, I know where the post button is without looking :D

I've just made a few quick test posts and can't see any problems.
In fact, your server is extremely fast, much quicker than a lot of other installations I've seen.

I can only assume the issue either lies with the users or it possibly coincides with server related problems.

I certainly can't see anything overtly wrong based on my limited testing.

That's OK, I know where the post button is without looking :D

I've just made a few quick test posts and can't see any problems.
In fact, your server is extremely fast, much quicker than a lot of other installations I've seen.

I can only assume the issue either lies with the users or it possibly coincides with server related problems.

I certainly can't see anything overtly wrong based on my limited testing.

Are you sure you tested double-click? Or some delayed double-click? I cannot be wrong with you, the problem is in reality. Anyway thank you for your attention

I made a total of 30 posts and edits and every click was accepted first time, immediately.

I didn't encounter a single delayed response.

I guess he means you should try "double clicking" onto the submit button ?

I remember I had issues about half a year ago when my mouse was defect and always triggered a double-click instead of a single-click......

As I said, every click was immediately submitted, it wasn't possible to double click.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your installation, and in fact a lot of people would give their right arm for a server that quick.

As I said, every click was immediately submitted, it wasn't possible to double click.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your installation, and in fact a lot of people would give their right arm for a server that quick.

Was not it possible that the submit button was not detect the single click and the double click on it?

You need to ask your users how they're causing these issues.
Ask one of them to record a video if possible.

I was unable to reproduce the problem.

Showing the double post doesn't really help.
I need to see what they're doing to consistently reproduce it.

I suspect it will be related to a poor connection to your site, as is the case with most double posts.

Top Bottom