Official Xenforo Discord Server

Tyluur

Is there an official Discord server for Xenforo?

I did a bit of brief searching and found this one (https://discord.me/xenforo), but I was unable to effectively join due to receiving the error below, as well as a fair bit of confusion when joining the server.

oEPKDe3.png

It would just increase the workload for the staff who would have yet another place to monitor and provide support, in addition to this forum and the ticket system.

Besides, I don't use Discord and never will - they refuse to verify me.

It would just increase the workload for the staff who would have yet another place to monitor and provide support, in addition to this forum and the ticket system.

Besides, I don't use Discord and never will - they refuse to verify me.

That's disappointing to hear, although I haven't had the same experience myself.
I started using it in 2016 and I'm fully verified.

As a Xenforo fan who's been trying to have other large communities transfer their forum software to Discord, having our own Xenforo Discord community would be of help.

Why not? It would definitely help.
how/why would it help.
Tickets (if you have a current license) and even posts here generally get a fairly quick response... you think Discord (which would divide the attention from here) would be faster?
I personally don't use Discord (and have no desire to), so assistance that I normally give here would be non-existent there.
I get that it's an "in thing" with some of society... but is it necessarily the "best" thing?

Discord support servers inevitably suck. It forces a level of synchronicity that doesn't really help many people actually get support for anything non-trivial. Some folks (usually younger folk) seem to believe that getting an answer quickly is better than a more useful, more thought out answer.

Is there an official Discord server for Xenforo?

I did a bit of brief searching and found this one (https://discord.me/xenforo), but I was unable to effectively join due to receiving the error below, as well as a fair bit of confusion when joining the server.

oEPKDe3.png
That should be reported, it's a fake server listing and they are trying to bait you to add a bot to your server which may or may not result in some sort of abuse such as but not limited to spamming, destruction, or sending advertisements. You should add a warning to your original post such as strike through and (this is not an actual server).

Top Bottom