How to permanently ban a discord server?

Brandon K

Is there anyway to place a ban on links to a specific discord server? Discord themselves make it nearly impossible to do this from what I've seen since they allow servers to create brand new links whole cloth in their members' sharing panel. I can ban the word discord, but nothing can be done about them generating the newly generated links that follow the discord.gg forward slash as far as I can see and this seems like a weird situation Discord has put forum owners in for unmanageable spamming.

Nope. You can generate different links whenever you want.

You can just use the XF censor system and censor "discord.gg" to hit all discord links.
Unfortunately people can still share the forwarding part of the link since I can't foresee what the links will be.

Someone should tell Discord it's really messed they effectively made it so we can't stop their users from spamming their links.

Unfortunately people can still share the forwarding part of the link since I can't foresee what the links will be.
Do you mean the ID which people can just type in?
Someone should tell Discord it's really messed they effectively made it so we can't stop their users from spamming their links.
They wouldn't care because it's not their problem and they get more users and potential Nitro subscribers.

Yes, the ID. All they have to do is share that and say type out discord . gg and remove the spaces etc like that.
You can't stop people from doing that. Even with a competitor website URL, they can leave spaces to bypass the censors.

You can just note it in your rules that advertising discord servers isn't allowed and anyone caught doing it will be banned.

You can't stop people from doing that. Even with a competitor website URL, they can leave spaces to bypass the censors.

You can just note it in your rules that advertising discord servers isn't allowed and anyone caught doing it will be banned.
With a standard website I can try to keep censoring the new ways they add spaces and eventually get them all.

With a newly generated ID anytime they want one, it's impossible.

And yeah, it'll have to come to that, just wish Discord didn't openly help spam.

Top Bottom