Offering: Community management

Lykke

I know this is a different way of doing a job-application - but in love and war ... ;) - and I hope it is ok for me to post this ...

After working in marketing for many years I have taken a look at my future and found the core of what I want to work with for the rest of my life. My philosophy has always been that you are never too old and that it is never too late. So it's about time for me to kick myself ...

It's never easy when you want to combine an interest with a job position - particularly in Denmark, which is a relatively small country forum & game-wise. Therefore I have worked extensively on-line for years in my spare time creating various forums, working with communities and doing graphics work like banners, ads, etc. to get closer to my goal.

My contacts are scattered across the world and I communicate mostly in English. Seven years ago I met my boyfriend in an online multiplayer game – and he moved from Holland to Denmark 4.5 years ago. We bought a house together and got married. Today we install, style and administrate forums together in our spare time, and have a freelance business with IT solutions and graphics.

But I want more than that. For four years I hoped to find the job that allows me to combine my graphic skills with my interest in games, on-line work on forums and the community. And I almost managed.

I am in the fortunate position that I have been asked whether I want a job as Community Manager for an online game after New Year (on a part-time contract) - and I immediately said yes, as it is perfectly in line with my future plans. The company has offices in Thailand and the U.S., and although there were questions about my physical location (Denmark), everything is “close” enough through the Internet. Skype, private forum sections and normal email correspondence serves as a virtual office-space. And it is possible that I have to travel a few times a year - but my base is at home in my own little office and that ensures stability for me and my daughters, who go to school, and who have their life and friends in Denmark.

In addition I am working on creating and styling the community forum for the same game (company), and when it is released, I will also remain as the administrator of the forum.

But despite all this, the job is only on a part time basis and it is agreed that I do it next to my full time job as Marketing Manager in a large hotel company in Denmark to sure I have a 'normal' income.

My thought is that if I have several small jobs like this, I can follow my dream to work more independently from home with the things I love. And perhaps some of you - who are experts in forums need a person like me - or know someone who does?

What I can offer
  • A total setup of your forums (including various features such as wiki, blogs, etc.)
  • Styling the forums in Xenforo (colors, logo, design, etc.)
  • Administrating your forums (updates, moderator features, news)
  • Setting up online magazines, graphic banners, icons etc.
Especially for games (or communities)
  • Community Manager function (light) - the combination of in-game customer interaction, managing forums and in-game events (depending on game type), contests, interviews with players and companies, writing articles about new game releases, etc.
  • Game testing (walk-troughs with documentation etc.)
  • Tutorials and Guides ("How do I...")
I am mainly looking for jobs on contracts – either freelance jobs based on an hourly payment (50 USD per hour) or a fixed monthly salary (where hours and price can be discussed depending on the job/type).

As a person I am very honest, pro-active and committed to my work. I make sure that deadlines are met, get along with all types of people, love a good sense of humor – and it’s an honor for me to deliver a great result and a high level of quality.

You can see more about me here, and also download my resume etc. from the Box-widget:

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=13197300&trk=tab_pro

I look forward (and hope) to hearing from you :)
Lykke

Last edited:
Thank you Marcos & Floris :) If you need help with anything, you know where to find me =)

We at savagerebirth.com would definitely be interested if we weren't a spare time make no money 'group' (haven't registered yet heh). We will be moving to more games after savage: rebirth is done to bring in a base income to support full time development... you have been noted for when we get there :)

We at savagerebirth.com would definitely be interested if we weren't a spare time make no money 'group' (haven't registered yet heh). We will be moving to more games after savage: rebirth is done to bring in a base income to support full time development... you have been noted for when we get there :)

Hey Robbo :) looked at your site and it looks really interesting. Are you developing games yourself?

I like the bg you have on the forum - but I miss some more pictures :D I am curious to hear more about your project, if you wish to share, feel free to send me a pm.

And otherwise, notify me when you're ready :)

(first I opened the site in IE ... and that looked really weird - but in FF it looks great!)

Since the first post I got another part-time job as a Community Manager at a small tween girl game in Denmark, GuppyLife. I work 9 hours a week with this next to my full-time job - administrating forums (in Sweden, Norway and Denmark) - help the community in the different countries both in and outside game - update the Twitter and Facebook accounts, create different events in game, post news, write newsletters and update in game shops etc.

On top of this I support with bug-lists, ideas and suggestions.

I am still very interested in other positions like the above :)

Some of the forums I created:

www.entropiaplanets.com
www.afterworldforum.com
www.thatgameforum.com
www.ironskyforum.com

www.cyreneforum.com (This one will be released for 'public' and members after New Year - there are 4 different themes to choose between in the style chooser. This forum is for the same game I will be Community Managing for after New Year too - including being the administrator on the forum).

On our testforum at www.wemakeforums.com - you can see some more of the styles I'm working on in the style chooser.

Thank you =)

Hey Robbo :) looked at your site and it looks really interesting. Are you developing games yourself?

I like the bg you have on the forum - but I miss some more pictures :D I am curious to hear more about your project, if you wish to share, feel free to send me a pm.

And otherwise, notify me when you're ready :)

(first I opened the site in IE ... and that looked really weird - but in FF it looks great!)
Yeah I work with an indie group as a hobby but soon we will be going into the mobile market to acquire a little income before bigger games.

You can get more info about the project in the about page (which like most of the site is unfinished). A lot of stuff is powered by XenForo which is where I spend most my time and when I say a lot I mean a whole stats and authentication system for ingame. So basically I have added a layer onto XenForo to add functionality for a multiplayer online game to support various modern day features like advanced stat tracking and clan management. And since it is done this way we can add anything we want from XenForo into the game, for example adding the ability to register from ingame (the game uses the forum accounts, extended, as the game accounts) all we would have to do is extend the register controller to work with api calls and then add the python ingame to make the form and send the request.

Yeah I need to get around to fix it in IE but really I hate it that much :p

Lykke,

I'm looking for someone that can build a simple Call of Duty Wiki using 8wayrun's Wiki. I know its suppose to be pretty simple to set up but i'm not technically incline to do it. I know this isn't your hourly/monthly thing you we're looking for.

Still If you have nothing to do I'm looking for someone to set up the wiki asap for a small price.

Thanks!!

Lykke,

I'm looking for someone that can build a simple Call of Duty Wiki using 8wayrun's Wiki. I know its suppose to be pretty simple to set up but i'm not technically incline to do it. I know this isn't your hourly/monthly thing you we're looking for.

Still If you have nothing to do I'm looking for someone to set up the wiki asap for a small price.

Thanks!!

Hey :) I can help you out. I will write you a PM asap.

Thanks (y)

Testimony:

Lykke,

Really helped me out alot with my site at a decent price. She build and completed my 8wayrun wiki and showed me how to continue working and adding additional content to it. She also help me with the logo and the footer of my website.

Not to mention she's very patience and will listen to your crazy ideas and assist you into making them a reality. So if you really need help I think you should really ask her!!!

:)

Bumping up :) Still offering Community Management.

I am well experienced in the xenforo community platform and can offer assistance in the back-end as well as front-end work with the community, if needed.

Would love to have you at our community at GamerzPlace.net

But, unfortunately there is no way to pay anyone at the moment.

If in the future we have more funds, I will be sure to contact you.

Would love to have you at our community at GamerzPlace.net

But, unfortunately there is no way to pay anyone at the moment.

If in the future we have more funds, I will be sure to contact you.

Hey :) Thanks for the kind words.

Looks like a nice site indeed - and of course you're welcome to contact me in case you see an opening.

I am looking for a paid, serious job.

At this point I am having two jobs as a Community Manager for 2 different games - but it's far enough to fill in a 'full time' position (a total of around 10-15 hours a week).

I am ideally looking for one 20 hour/week position at 45USD/hour - where I can also help with graphic works of different kinds (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator).

But even less hours jobs/week have an interest - I just need more than one job then =)

Top Bottom