Add-on Offer: Sale of IP Rights of All Addons

Yugensoft

Offer:
Sale of IP rights of all of my addons (transfer of ownership to you).

Background
I stepped away from forum use and development quite some time ago (about a year ago I think), and I never got around to tying up loose ends. Now I'm doing so, which in addition to closing all my old accounts, includes divesting these addons I developed or acquired.

Rather than throwing them away, I would prefer it if they were acquired by another dev so people can continue to buy them and receive benefit, and so they can continue to be developed or converted to XF2 where applicable. Some of these were quite popular (the TAC package for instance), so it would be a shame for them to be lost.

Offer contents

Addons

• TAC XF1 Any Api
  • TAC XF1 Custom Image Capture
  • TAC XF1 Bot Arrestor (AKA 'dedos')
  • TAC XF1 Fool Bot Honey Pot
  • TAC XF1 Stop Country Spam
  • TAC XF1 Stop Human Spam
  • TAC XF1 Auth Capture
  • TAC XF1 'Total Anti Spam Complete' (package of above)
  • TAC XF2 Stop Country Spam
  • Post Guard Pro
  • Content Downloader
  • Optional Forums
  • XF1 Time Spent Online
  • XF2 Time Spent Online
  • Stripe Full
  • The remaining free addons on my (still present) resource pages (to maintain, not maintain, convert to paid, or anything else you wish)

If you want to know more about these addons, my old site's content is archived at http://web.archive.org/web/20190924083837/https://yugensoft.com/ (see "Products")

TAC series was fairly popular, and Stripe Full had a lot of potential because its the kind of addon that "pays for itself".

Supporting material
  • I will also request the transfer of all of my XenForo Community resource pages (which includes a few free ones -- but you have no obligation to maintain them), which are associated with these addons, to you. These pages are currently soft-deleted, but the admins here have told me they can be restored. Many have a large number of reviews and ratings and a long history (esp. TAC).
  • I will include the email + products purchased list of prior purchasers so you know who is already entitled to downloads (however most of the licenses will have expired by this point). I also believe that a lot of the prior XF1 purchasers were interested in corresponding XF2 addons (which would be separate products).

Doesn't include
  • Support. I may answer some basic questions prior to closing my account, but the sale is as-is -- they'll be your responsibility.
  • A means of selling them i.e. website -- but pretty sure there are plenty of digital downloads selling platforms out there you could use (or addons for doing so via your forum).

A rough tally of prior sales indicates the average revenue was just over 100USD/month. However that includes a lot of months after my sales pages were taken down here due to my inactivity. During peak average was around 220USD/month.

Price of offer

200USD (will accept payment by a Paypal invoice I send to you only).

This is a token price of under 2 months long-averaged revenue, and includes covering my work associated with the sale and packaging up all the addons.

Requirements
  • You must be able to present some evidence of ability and desire to develop the addons.
    • Primarily that could be: having your own addon(s) already in the marketplace, or being vouched for by a well-known XF addon developer or a client of yours who is well known here.
    • Secondarily (failing that): I'd accept any evidence of some experience in writing PHP and willingness to give a solid try at developing and selling addons.
  • There is no splitting or picking & choosing: this is a divestment and transfer to you of the entirety of my addons (and associated resource pages) in a single action.

PM interest/bids to me, I'll check back in a few days to a week to see if anyone was interested, and if so will offer it to the strongest contender/bidder.

Stripe Full is a payment solution offering dozens of payment methods for XF2.
Optional forums for XF2 is similar functionality as the 2nd most popular suggestion on xenforo. (173 votes)
Post Guard Pro for XF2 allows the admin to prohibit specified content and cause specified errors to the user.

@Xon @Siropu @AddonFlare

Last edited:
We already have been in contact with @tenants to take over his remaining add-ons, but could never finish because of his absence. We use some of his TAC add-ons in our forums and would really like to have them in XF2 too.

Stripe Full is really missing from XF2 for european forums, but requires constant development.
Optional Forums will be integrated into XF 2 soon, I expect. ;-)
Post Guard Pro is an interesting concept.

But I see potential in those add-ons, so we sent an offer to aquire them to @Yugensoft. We usually don't pay for add-ons we take over, so this is an exception.

If another developer want's to continue developing them and to pay more than we offered, that would also be okay. ;-)

This would be very nice. I should have tagged you as well. I'm glad you saw it.

We haven't heard anything back from @Yugensoft until now. So I don't know if he has chosen another developer or has other plans with his add-ons. Or maybe he simply wasn't online until now.

So we need to wait for his decision.

Update
@wmtech was selected, due to his depth of experience and continuing engagement in the forum space, and I'm confident he will make a good owner developer of the addons henceforth.
He has acquired all of my addons, and the transfer/restoration of the associated resource pages has been set into motion, and he has communicated that the resumption of sale of the addons under his banner will also be rolling out soon.

We have taken over all resources from Yugensoft, the deal was closed yesterday.

We will restore and continue selling most of Yugensoft's XF1 products within the next days. Most of them have been developed by @tenants originally and all of them are very matured products well known to work perfectly with XF1.

Since XF1 will end its development life itself at the end of this year, no XF1 product sold by us will receive further feature development. Paid products will however be supported for the time being and receive updates, if needed. We know that many (most of them very large) forums still run XF1. Even our own large site runs XF1. So we'll continue to support our XF1 customers until further notice.

We will start offering XF2 products starting early next year. At that time we will also restore most of Yugensoft's XF2 products (Post Guard Pro, Stripe Full, etc.) as well. Some of them currently do not support XF2.1, but they will once we restart selling them.

Regarding existing Yugensoft customers and license holders:
We received a list of current license holders (email address, date, product) from Yugensoft.

To cover our privacy policy: If you do not want us to have the email address on your license, please open a support ticket at our site https://wmtech.net/ and ask for removal. Then we'll delete all your data and won't send you any information about your Yugensoft license or bother you in any other way.

All other license holders will be offered to renew their license for the price we will charge for renewal of the product originally licensed, as soon as we start to sell the product in our store. You won't need to repurchase your license again. You will however need to register at our support site and proof your existing license to us. This will happen manually, so please expect some time for processing. Once you are registered as a license holder at our site you may purchase any renewals and open support tickets at any time.

There may also be Yugensoft products we won't continue to offer. Those licenses can be continued to be used by you according the original license agreement as purchased from Yugensoft. There won't however be any (free) support from us or any renewals available. A list of those discontinued Yugensoft products will be made available at our web site soon.

Welcome at WMTech, Yugensoft customers!

And Happy Holidays to all.

We have taken over all resources from Yugensoft, the deal was closed yesterday.

We will restore and continue selling most of Yugensoft's XF1 products within the next days. Most of them have been developed by @tenants originally and all of them are very matured products well known to work perfectly with XF1.

Since XF1 will end its development life itself at the end of this year, no XF1 product sold by us will receive further feature development. Paid products will however be supported for the time being and receive updates, if needed. We know that many (most of them very large) forums still run XF1. Even our own large site runs XF1. So we'll continue to support our XF1 customers until further notice.

We will start offering XF2 products starting early next year. At that time we will also restore most of Yugensoft's XF2 products (Post Guard Pro, Stripe Full, etc.) as well. Some of them currently do not support XF2.1, but they will once we restart selling them.

Regarding existing Yugensoft customers and license holders:
We received a list of current license holders (email address, date, product) from Yugensoft.

To cover our privacy policy: If you do not want us to have the email address on your license, please open a support ticket at our site https://wmtech.net/ and ask for removal. Then we'll delete all your data and won't send you any information about your Yugensoft license or bother you in any other way.

All other license holders will be offered to renew their license for the price we will charge for renewal of the product originally licensed, as soon as we start to sell the product in our store. You won't need to repurchase your license again. You will however need to register at our support site and proof your existing license to us. This will happen manually, so please expect some time for processing. Once you are registered as a license holder at our site you may purchase any renewals and open support tickets at any time.

There may also be Yugensoft products we won't continue to offer. Those licenses can be continued to be used by you according the original license agreement as purchased from Yugensoft. There won't however be any (free) support from us or any renewals available. A list of those discontinued Yugensoft products will be made available at our web site soon.

Welcome at WMTech, Yugensoft customers!

And Happy Holidays to all.
That’s great to hear :)
I hope, this doesn’t mean the user blocking add-on will be released even later than before. There are many users waiting for it.

I wish you guys all the best for 2020! :)

Top Bottom