Off forum meetings...

Dean

We like to meet 'off forum' in real life.

A few of us did a quick reconnaissance trip this weekend for an upcoming meeting and I thought I would share if anyone is interested. This is a few hours north of Silicon Valley (San Jose, CA).

Approaching the meeting area

Looking up from camp, the tiny green specks above the snow are 10-15 meter pine trees.

On top of one of the many mountains is a lake

Lots of snow higher up.. and it was snowing quite hard.

Dean

How do we know you didn't just go there by yourself, Dean? I don't see anyone else :p
Well, how do you know I was the one to even take the picture? :p

My #2 person on our forum was there, and one other person. Although there were others not connected with our group there. I did say it was a recon trip for something 2 weeks later.

EQnoble

Awesome shots Dean!

What might this super secret recon mish be gathering intel for...or is this a eyes only op?

:D Sorry couldn't resist the wording.

Dean

Awesome shots Dean!

What might this super secret recon mish be gathering intel for...or is this a eyes only op?

:D Sorry couldn't resist the wording.
eh... we periodically get together? It is what we do..

Here is the place in the Mojave desert several of us met at in January, just north of Boron, though I was the only one from our forum on that trip
http://randsburgcottagehotel.com/

EQnoble

eh... we periodically get together? It is what we do..
I know I was just having fun with words :) I do really have to ask though how you get to the lake on top of a mountain?...I think I see one road/path in the pictures.

Dean

I know I was just having fun with words :) I do really have to ask though how you get to the lake on top of a mountain?...I think I see one road/path in the pictures.
I took the road :) There are roads everywhere

Even campgrounds higher up as well, although about 15C cooler than in the valley at the moment