Browser issue Object element from «Upload a file» function positioned incorrectly

CyberAP

There's this object element with 'SWFUpload_0' ID and '.swfupload' class. Some script adds positioning to it, here I get something like that:
Code:
{
display: block !important;
width: 100px;
height: 23px;
top: 15px;
}

The problem is that the first element with a relative position up on a DOM tree is a .submitUnit and since we don't have a left or right value that object element sticks to the wrong position, covering 'Create thread' button. Here is how it looks:

buggie.webp

To solve this we just need to set position: relative for #AttachmentUploader.

Nothing has changed here for a very long time and can't say I've seen this before -- I certainly don't see it here. How do I reproduce that?

Normally, with absolute positioning, if no positions are specified, it stays in the same position.

How I reproduce this:
  1. Start creating a new thread.
  2. Hit 'Upload a File' button.
  3. Close the upload window, don't upload anything.
  4. Hover on 'Create thread' button now, it is covered now.

Chrome?

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this still -- it sounds like this actually blocks the ability to create a thread in your situation.

Yes, Chrome. I guess that is a FlashBlock extension that breaks it, but I can't see how. It only adds a display: block !important; to the <object> element.
And yes it blocks the button, I can't push it so I have to remove this node in DevTools.

Top Bottom