Number Of Posts/Page & Its Effect On SEO & Advertising Revenue

TheBigK

I currently have posts/page setting at 10. By default, it's 20 on XenForo. Clearly 20 posts/page improves the text/code ratio which is supposed to be an important SEO factor.

I wish to know about first hand experiences of posts/page & SEO relation.

Showing lower number of posts/pages improves the overall number of pageviews - and affects advertising revenues. What do experts here think about the ideal number of posts/pages. :)

I do 35 posts/page as it's what my users want. If it negatively affects my SEO I could hardly care less. I'm more concerned with my current and long-term users. Guess it all depends on your reason for having a board. I don't care about the money side but others do.

first thread page is the most visited by (users, visitors and search engine) so if you increased posts in threads your server resources increased too, page also will be more slow with having all users signatures, avatars and posts images

Actually 35 posts/page would be great for SEO but it would server lesser pageviews (I guess) compared to 20/page.

Actually 35 posts/page would be great for SEO but it would server lesser pageviews (I guess) compared to 20/page.

Not necessarily, because larger pages are going to take longer to load naturally and a major part of SEO nowadays is loading times.

and a major part of SEO nowadays is loading times.
Wrong! :coffee:

From Google:

While site speed is a new signal, it doesn't carry as much weight as the relevance of a page.
Currently, fewer than 1% of search queries are affected by the site speed signal in our implementation and blah blah blah blah blah...
I wish to know about first hand experiences of posts/page & SEO relation.
It's about what's being discussed in the page, ;) The keyphrases on a page will be indexed in Google Search.
PS. I do what my visitors feel more comfortable with since they're the ones using the forum.

Wrong! :coffee:

From Google:

It's about what's being discussed in the page, ;) The keyphrases on a page will be indexed in Google Search.
PS. I do what my visitors feel more comfortable with since they're the ones using the forum.

Speed doesn't just directly affect google ranking directly, it affects whether people will be bothered to wait for the page to load and their bounce rate (and for bing 'dwell time') because of this, if you're loading 40/50/100 posts at once it can take a hell of a lot of time to load a page, I know personally if i click on a page and it takes more time than i would expect to load then I simply leave that page. I may not be an expert but I know speed matters on my site for keeping users engaged.

Yeah and I was trying to go into more detail with my point, speed is a factor directly in SEO (but not all as you point out), but it also affects bounce rate and dwell rate which are definitely factors in search ranking, so speed is a massive influence in rankings in my opinion.

Top Bottom