nulled xenforo user

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManiacsArmy

Hello there. I found a website that deleted xenforo from the copyright text. I think they are using nulled copy of xenforo. what's you think for this ?

I reported but nothing happened

If you mean the suspected nulled site is still up there, even when made aware it's possible or rather likely that they cannot get it taken down. If it's hosed by a legit host then they ought to respond to a takedown, but if it's a dodgy host, then it's thew wild west out there.

I have a lot of my IP pirated, I report it to the host and am only successful a small proportion of the time . Sad but true.

If you mean the suspected nulled site is still up there, even when made aware it's possible or rather likely that they cannot get it taken down. If it's hosed by a legit host then they ought to respond to a takedown, but if it's a dodgy host, then it's thew wild west out there.

I have a lot of my IP pirated, I report it to the host and am only successful a small proportion of the time . Sad but true.
At least we can send DMCA complaints to Cloudflare to make sure they won't be too comfortable with it.
(You can always tracert (on Windows) or traceroute (on macOS) their server domain to see whether their final IP belongs to Cloudflare.)

but if it's a dodgy host, then it's thew wild west out there.

That is why you go upstream normally there not just that dodgy provider but at least two additional providers on the "food chain".

Even if all hopes is lost there might be a "last resort" contact for DMCAs disrespecting to serve as "catch all". It may not personally get your IP taken cared of but if they get x complaints then they can consider to send in the big dogs to drag them to the court house.

I like the idea behind a "Name and Shame" wall. URL and Site name.

We don't allow pirated/nulled sites to be posted here - it's just a form of advertisement for them.
Oh yeah.. bit of a double edged sword that one. :(

hey just to let you know .. nobody cares since nulled sites dont succeed anyway
There's that many around it tend to indicate they do. Some even charge users money to download from their vast list of pirated/nulled addons and software.

It's a kick in the teeth for all those people spending their hard earned money doing the right thing and looking after Xenforo developers and addon developers.

People often forget time is also money in a round about way.

On a side note, is it just me or have spammers ramped up hitting this forum recently?

actually this has been discussed here a lot .. not only xf there are sites that sell a database of government site or other well know sites. you just need to decide what you wanna be and what you wanna use

You can report that here via the [Report piracy] tab: https://xenforo.com/contact/

I can say that I am the one who reported this notification as a fan of xenForo! Although I reported it, I did not get any positive results. Your negative behavior increases the number of null users day by day. Many xenForo user customers come to me and ask for installation as null. Since it is a null version, I reject the job of many people.

"Using nulled forum distros on websites" is irresponsible to users' registration data.
This includes users' email address and passwords, especially that some of those combinations may be carelessly used elsewhere.

People often forget time is also money in a round about way.
That is why some add ons developers have dirt cheap subscription to "collections" of add ons to double up on this. Firstly to employ a business model that grab a good portion of the market (hey who's doesn't want a one price per year for all of the add ons they ever need from a developer I am right?). Second as a "byproduct" this also limits nullifying such as long as the price<time required to null the addons most average forums would be wanting to use.

Because if it "costs" $250 to do the nullify operations (cause time is money after all) then suddenly that $50/year subscription isn't half bad already to a "cracker who just wanna save a buck".

I guess these null emitting sites have a real xenforo license. They crack and distribute those license files. Are these not detected? Or can the giant xenforo company install software that will prevent this fraud?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom