Nulled to License

Azrod

Hello,

I use an Nulled version 2.1.3 while 2 Months on live website.

I'am totaly satisfied and want to buy a license, my questions is:

- How to paid the 2 months of used a nulled version and add-ons?

- How to migrate to legit version without data lost? Simply copy / past the legit files with no touch the database?

- When I'll purchase my addons nulled, I upgrade it like normaly without data lost?

Thanks for your anwsers.

I'm not sure if you've found a solution yet, without reading every post here, but I'd recommend removing all the old nulled files. Then install the new legit software on a new database. Now run the XF to XF importer to import the necessary data and remove the old database. I believe this will work for XF's official add-ons too. Haven't looked at the importer in a while so I'm just guessing.

For any unofficial add-ons I'd probably just scrap the data if it's only 2 months old and start over. You could, however, compare the databases to make sure they're structured the same. If they are, just copy the old one over to the new database and hope for the best.

How to paid the 2 months of used a nulled version and add-ons?
You might have to use the contact form after purchasing so the date of the license can be adjusted, assuming they do that.
How to migrate to legit version without data lost? Simply copy / past the legit files with no touch the database?
Not copy/paste. You should delete all files and upload a fresh legit set of files. Make sure the XF version of the files match.
When I'll purchase my addons nulled, I upgrade it like normaly without data lost?
You have to delete the null addons and purchase legit copies, then replace the files.

Thank you for all your answers.

So, you suggest I delete all files and upload the legit version, in the setup, the installer will accept the content of my database ? (all thread, permission, attachment, all basic setting...)
Can I keep the data folder ? With all attachement etc.. ?
I presume I will lost all template modification & theme, right ?

It seems complicated to me this migration.
I would like to have as much information as possible on the steps to follow for this migration.

Or, is the Installation Service at $50 can do this migration for me ?

Thanks in advance, have a great day.

XF official DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANY LOSS FROM migrating data from nulled installations to genuine installations.

However, you can install a genuine installation from scratch and use XF importer to migrate the data. This is the least-unsecure plan you can choose instead of directly upgrading a nulled installation to a genuine installation.

P.S.: Nulled addon users are likely to be bullied in this community. Stay frosty and please buy genuine addons if possible.

Pretty certain nulled is just something modified in the PHP files. If you replace them with licensed ones, all you gotta do is upgrade after that. But backup and see where it takes you.
Something additional:

What you are pretty sure needs a prerequisite that the forum software supports addon-based feature extensions.

Prior to vBulletin 3.5.x, vBulletin did not support addons. Those vBulletin 3.0.x nulled distros in China (I tried in 2004 for curiosity) are not only having the PHP file modified but also the MySQL data structure in order to support some features vital-necessary to Chinese users. Such features include double-byte language search & index, profile info extension (adding QQ number support), essential threads, purchasable in-post contents, global sticky threads, per-subforum sticky forum-rules-and-notices, etc. These features are usually built in Discuz, PHPWind, etc.

Last edited:
ma le versioni annullate non sono illegali? come l'hai comprata?
1628167827024.webp

Si prega di parlare inglese. Non riesco a leggere quello che dici anche se uso DeepL translation (il miglior servizio di traduzione automatica guidato dalla tecnologia di apprendimento automatico).

// DeepL Translated from: Please speak English. I cannot read what you are saying even if using DeepL translation (the best auto translation service driven by machine learning technology).

but the canceled versions are not illegal? how did you buy it?
Does the word "cancelled" in Italian equal to "cracked" "nulled"?

If so, these are illegal wherever the law enforcement protection works.
The Internet in China around 2004 had hell lot of cracked things available everywhere.

Today is the era of ransomware, keeping most users away from warez.
People started buying softwares through centralized appstores.

Whenever the era is, using warez shall be discouraged. Content makers' rights need to be respected, always.
Content makers include software developers.

Last edited:
But since you admit to using a nulled version, as soon as you buy the license, those from xenforo don't report it?
I only use licensed XF products (and addons) on my sites accessible to others. There were still some addon-related restrictions in XF official demo test sites. I converted my licensed vBulletin 3.8 site to licensed XenForo 2.1.x.

1628204127717.webp

Each License may run one instance of the Software, accessible via one URL
This is the case when you have to buy a license.

Last edited:
But since you admit to using a nulled version, as soon as you buy the license, those from xenforo don't report it?
Report what to whom?

It's probably similar to Microsoft who also pardons everything is you go "the right way". And no, I don't advocate piracy (God forbid), but I'm just saying, why would you report your paying customer, and to whom you'd report him? Report him because he's your paying customer.

For any unofficial add-ons I'd probably just scrap the data if it's only 2 months old and start over. You could, however, compare the databases to make sure they're structured the same. If they are, just copy the old one over to the new database and hope for the best.
Some XF addons support importing data through the same way XF importer does.

Top Bottom