Nubee question

JimDV

I am a Nube here and Rube too. I would like to create a forum for a group of professionals who have specific skillsets. Users could ask a question or 2 and get responses and a low key pitch for paid services by the professional.
I am not a techie . My question is: Can the forum ne hosted and serviced by xenForo of some other company?
Thanks

xenforo is not a hosting service its just a licence script that you can use to make a website id suggest you check out " namecheap GoDaddydy , 1and1 , hostinger "
they have cute the good deals for hostings

Ok Thanks, I participate in a forum on Trapshooters.com. It has the xenForo link at the bottom. Who does what? I am looking for a "plug ad play" forum and some of the featuress I see on Trapshooters.com. Where to look for that?
TX

Ok Thanks, I participate in a forum on Trapshooters.com. It has the xenForo link at the bottom. Who does what? I am looking for a "plug ad play" forum and some of the featuress I see on Trapshooters.com. Where to look for that?
TX
I haven't visited the site, but I'm sure they use some add-ons, most of which are pretty much plug and play.
What XenForo consists of is a script that has to be hosted either at
A) Shared hosting provider
B) VPS (virtual private server)
C) Dedicated server

Most people will use option A when they start out as they will not have much traffic. The setup is not that difficult, and the base XenForo install can be purchased as an option from the XF team or you can find others that will perform that function at reasonable rates (and sometimes even free).
Installing the add-ons are not that hard, and if you use one of the current add-on installers it is even easier. The "hardest" thing is learning how to upload the files to where they need to be then running the .XML file for the install - but if you install the add-0n installers it's easy from then on typically (but your hosting has to support certain functions).

Top Bottom