Implemented Notices for Un-Applied Template Modifications

agison

Hi!

Sometime we modify templates or update Addons, some Template Modifications would not be applied.
Could we have some notices for this issue (may be an option to turn it on or off)?

Thank you.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
You already can see that in template modifications list.

There are numbers on right side of each template modification. First number is number of templates it was applied to, second is number of templates where code wasn't found, third is number of errors.

So if second or third numbers aren't 0, something went wrong.

I think the first number is specifically the number of times it was applied (if it could be applied multiple times), though I'd have to check that.

That said, @Arty is correct.

I think the first number is specifically the number of times it was applied (if it could be applied multiple times), though I'd have to check that.

It is the number of times it was applied to the template accross all styles with different versions of the template. You can click the number to see an overlay with detailed information of how many times it was applied in each style.

So I also requested for a global option to turn it on/off or we can dismiss old notices.
They will still appear every time user updates add-on that targets specific style. It will be a big annoyance to user.

Another issue is purpose of these notices. Why do you want users to see it? They can't do anything about it anyway - editing modifications requires debug mode. Its job of add-on author to make sure template modification works, so only person who should see such notice is add-on author.

They will still appear every time user updates add-on that targets specific style. It will be a big annoyance to user.

Another issue is purpose of these notices. Why do you want users to see it? They can't do anything about it anyway - editing modifications requires debug mode. Its job of add-on author to make sure template modification works, so only person who should see such notice is add-on author.

Sometime when I update Xenforo/Addons, some features are malfunctioning, it's take couple of hours/days to find what's happen. I agree with you its job of Addon author but at that time we don't know which addon.

That's why you can see stats for template modifications on template modifications page. No need to display alerts that often would not even be valid.

Top Bottom