Cannot reproduce Notices at times cannot be dismissed due to the "x" being stacked behind notice message html

bzcomputers

Affected version
I've found at times message html added to a Notice, that "may be dismissed", can stop the user from being able to access and click on the dismissing "x".

Easiest solution seems to be to add this CSS:

CSS:
a.notice-dismiss {
    position: relative;
    z-index: 199;
}

Edit: reduced z-index number, so it will not conflict with any XenForo menus

Last edited:
I think it would be useful to have an example of the exact HTML and CSS you have used to trigger this issue because I can't seem to, otherwise.

I only see one notice which is not dismissible

(BTW your top level navigation tabs for Trackers and Webcams are not working.)
The Weather Alert notice should be viewable and dismissable but currently not able to with CSS issue (no access to the "x").

XenForo is technically not active on the site yet (will be in a few days). None of the additional links will work until the transition is made.

At the moment, I cannot reproduce this with the code you have used in that notice. I'm not sure why, nor can I see any particular customisation you've made.

We'll have to look into it further as we've already built the releases for XF 2.1.3 so we've missed this release. But it might be worth you creating a new style with no parent, and trying it with that style just in case. There are other custom elements in the page, such as your ad blocker notice etc. so you may want to try and remove all of those customisations.

Top Bottom