XF 1.4 Noticeable slowdown on Google Chrome?

ophy

I recently completed a migration and everything went much better than expected. Server load is down significantly, the forum loads super fast. However, some of my members are having lag issues with google chrome. There not able to load alert/inbox/user drop down menus from the navigation bar. There reporting various slow down while visiting the forum, even with images/gifs disabled. I tried reproducing this in Chrome and wasn't able to. I do have a number of optimization plugins and I'm optimizing with xcache and .htaccess caching so I dont know why this would be happening only in chrome? I had one member test out Firefox for me and the forum loaded up perfectly. Any ideas?

I had a member test my backup on another clean domain with just the migration done and she is still experiencing similar problems with chrome under the newest version. This server is running php 5.5 and basic LAMP configurations.

As a first step, you should disable add-ons and test in a default style.

It could be JS related, possibly from an add-on or custom style.

I had a quick look as a guest using Chrome and didn't see any issues - it seemed very quick to me.

As a first step, you should disable add-ons and test in a default style.

It could be JS related, possibly from an add-on or custom style.

I had a quick look as a guest using Chrome and didn't see any issues - it seemed very quick to me.
I have the default theme disabled to members, but I had the user test it on my test domain. The slowness and lag went away instantly, so I'm going to pinpoint it to the themes. Interesting that they cause slowdown on Chrome, they are retail themes from a very good developer.

If it is just one user - ask that user to disable any add-ons in Chrome that they might be using... specifically anything that messes with JS.

Top Bottom