1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Copy and paste on google chrome loses focus

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Andy Huang, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Well-Known Member

I ran into this problem with the current latest stable of Google chrome browser on Windows XP SP3. If I try to paste something using ctrl + v, the content would be pasted but the focus would be lost.

Tested this on FF366 and IE8.0.6001.18702 doesn't seem to have any problem. This computer on campus does not have Safari or Opera installed, so I cannot verify those until I get home.

2. Floris

Floris Guest

I've reported this yesterday too. Mac/Safari. I think it's an TinyMCE thing actually.

3. Andy Huang

I must've missed your post... Credits goes to Floris :)

4. Floris

Floris Guest

Or rather, thanks for confirming ;)

5. Disjunto

Disjunto Well-Known Member

Either an issuo on XP only or on the stable release only, not experiencing this here. Will check at work later

6. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

I had that issue too today and it also removed the content of the box while I hadn't selected it :(

7. Disjunto

definitely occurs on XP and not Win 7. chrome build is irrelevant, occurs on both stable and latest dev.

8. MtoR

MtoR Well-Known Member

I myself was also using Windows XP.

9. Andy Huang

That's odd, it is happening to me right now on Win7 64bit pro with the latest stable build of chrome as well... I wonder if it has anything to do with addon(s), or operating system configurations...

10. Disjunto

well it's fine on Win 7 dev, don't have a stable build installed on a win 7 machine anywhere. I'm definitely running AdBlock on XP, not sure about Win 7 though

11. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

I can confirm this in Windows 7 in Chrome latest stable build.

12. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Also in Safari 5.​

13. Abdulaziz

Abdulaziz Member

The same problem here.

14. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

also in the Text-Editor when commenting a post, it is sometimes not possible to delete portions of the text you are commenting on.
    But sometimes it is in fact possible to delete some of that text.

The Text-Editor is behaving strange, not very happy with it.

15. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Oh this is fixed now, though there will be some changes coming that would've fixed it anyway. (They're just underlying changes. Don't get excited.)

16. Andy Huang

Great, thanks! Now I can copy and paste without having to find my mouse to get back into focus :)