Notice should be able to check "empty"

Alluidh

Hi

The notice system is very helpful and often used, but until now it isn't possible to check for empty fields.

For example (and only for example, shuold be able for everything) there is a need to get the icq data from every user (old user and new registration) and we would use the notice to inform the members without icq information. In my opinion it should be possible to mark the specified field and without any entry it should be shown to all members with an empty icq field. So no entry should be used as no entry ;)

empty.webp

Upvote 27
is there no Workaround somehow?
I would Need to bring notices too if a field is empty!

Where is the source code located for the notices?

Erich

Yes, agreed.
is there no Workaround somehow?
I would Need to bring notices too if a field is empty!

Where is the source code located for the notices?

Erich
There is a workaround that I found. I had to do it with a conditional statement:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.customFields.name} == ''">
and then create my own hard coded Notice instead of XenForo's built in Notices system

Another vote for this. I'm trying to encourage users to enter in some details in custom fields, but can't do it via the notices section.

Agree with this suggestion, Notices are a very powerful feature, but lack the inverse of all criteria, e.g.:
  • You can select criteria "User has no Avatar", but not "User has an Avatar". We have various notices for new users, the first how to add an avatar is they have at least 1 post and no avatar. It would be nice to not display the subsequent notice unless they have an avatar
  • For Customer User Fields there is no "blank/empty" option, so if you add a custom field that is required, you can't send a notice to existing users to fill out this field without querying users and adding them to a group just for this purpose or adding them explicitly to the list of users targeted (which I'm sure has a size limit, so isn't practical). This should be easy to implement since you can already check the custom criteria field and leave it blank, but this doesn't actually work.
ETA: The solution of searching for users and creating groups to target them doesn't work either since the exact same limitations exist in the User Search - you can only search for criteria not for the lack of that criteria (e.g. blank).

Last edited:
I'm looking dead here if that's a bug.
This is an important feature that is missing.
Since 2014! OHA!
Will there be something left?
With the bad import of the individual user fields of vB this is a VERY IMPORTANT function to remind the users to update.

It can not be that I have to pay an add-on for each function

AddOns can have security holes for which XF is no liability.
Urgently needed AddOns cost me more than twice as much as XF!

LG: Tammy

It can not be that I have to pay an add-on for each function

AddOns can have security holes for which XF is no liability.
Urgently needed AddOns cost me more than twice as much as XF!
What are you doing here? In the unofficial german support forums over at xendach you have already been pointed out several times, that XenForo is neither a drag & drop software, nor the maintenance and addons especially cheap or a licensee everything is carried in front of the butt. You obviously decided to use XenForo software - good choice. But without digging into the capabilities and without informing yourself fundamentally what is needed to create a forum per your likings, without having carried out a cost-benefit analysis or even without checking the contents of your wallet. And now you're coming to this place, stomping your feet and complaining about everything where you screwed up? Seriously?!

Top Bottom