1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notice Dismissal

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Jonathan Carl, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Jonathan Carl

Jonathan Carl Active Member

On my current template it's not showing a "X" to dismiss a notice, instead it's showing "Dismiss Notice". I've tried copying the sprites over from the default theme to this theme but it's still not working. I looked into the message_notice.css but nothing really helped. Any idea why this isn't working on my template?

My template
    gi_notice.png
    Default Template
    xen.png

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

This template contains the relevant CSS:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> xenforo_dismiss.css

Try reverting that template if it is customized.

3. Jonathan Carl

It has not been customized, and looks identical to the default theme template.

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What about xenforo.css? That template is the one that includes xenforo_dismiss.css.

5. Jonathan Carl

Hmm... Yeah the problem is in xenforo.css, now I got to find out where exactly i made edits, and make the proper adjustments. Thanks for the help!

6. Jonathan Carl

7. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

I want the exact opposite. I have (by default) the X to dismiss notices but I would like to have the words "Dismiss Notice" instead. How did you do that please?

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I apply this to my notices:
    Code:
    <span style="float: right; font-style: italic; font-size: 10px; color: #666666">Click the X to dismiss &rarr;</span>

9. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Yes, I do something like that but it is an extra unnecessary step IMO> If there was just the word "Dismiss" instead of X it would be ideal for me. many people don't know that a notice can be dismissed with X, so I think a word such as "dismiss" or "close" is clearer in this case.