Nothing happens when hovering over visitor tabs in Chrome

Hmmm...that is eaxctly what is happening on my desktop computer, whereas the laptop (non-touchscreen) works perfectly. The tip for Chrome's "Enable Touch Events" setting did not work. What's odd is that one one of my forums, the hovers are working OK, but on all the others it is not. I also get the full forum descriptions vs. the tooltips.

I know the browser symptoms have been going on for a couple of months. I will have to look back at what I have installed (something that might use a web interface, for instance) and see what I can find. I have minimal browser extensions, and they are ones I have had for years. Disabling the ad blocker or the computer's anti-virus had no effect either; both were my obvious thoughts.
Can you post a link to the forum where hover and tooltips aren't showing to you as expected?

I don't know what happened but now they are working, after messing around in the settings a bit and restarting the browser half a dozen times. I had already done the usual, like clear caches and cookies a month ago to no effect.

But it was not just XenForo (even here, the official XF site)--other sites had broken functionality, all of which revolved around either JS or CSS. So it's not a site problem so much as a browser configuration issue. I also notice that the spell checker is no longer underlining words in red like it used to. So something is still not working as it should. All is perfect on the laptop though.

I thought it might be related to using Chrome DevTools (F12) and the Toggle Device Mode but if you said you unistalled and reinstalled chrome, then that probably wasn't it.

Just to follow up... I did uninstall and reinstall chrome and the Enable touch events was set to Automatic. If I disable it everything works like it should. I think chrome should have a button to toggle the touch mode. If it really thinks we're using a touch device then there would be no need for a scroll bar.

Top Bottom